Just Got My 2.5

speedy

I almost squeezed it close; about a centimeter or less away. I guess I am closer to the #3 than I thought. Love the new look to it, really nice. :rock

Question: after a 2.5 would you think it would make sense to take baby steps to the #3 by using Beef Builders after or when I am ready go from 2.5 to the #3?

Getting that close on a 2.5 is a great crush, but you could be farther off than you think from the #3. Some people have bridged that gap to the #3 in a matter of weeks or months. For me my first 2.5 close and first #3 close were about 18mos apart. And it wasn't 18mos of lazy workouts. It was intense training and slow but steady progress.

EDIT: Sorry, I also meant to mention that I LOVED having my BBSM as a stepping stone between the 2.5 and the 3. Otherwise it would have been a loooooooong 18mos without an actual close as PR.

Edited by Cannon

I myself am pretty close to where you are on a good day. I bought the RB 240N and 260N to help me get the #3 (Hopefully this year, but we'll see).

agreed. the bbsm and rb 260n are really helping me along. another way to motivate yourself and others is a race. who wants to race me to the #3? consider this an official challenge, to all those who are so close, but so far away! lets all get that thing closed! whos in?

Congrats on coming close to getting the #2.5 shut. I wouldn't get too excited just yet though. I think Cannon is right...that #3 is still quite a ways off (unless you're one of those freaks of nature). The #2.5 is a good helper to get from the #2 to the #3 but in my grippers the #3 is a huge leap even from the #2.5. I trained on the #2 exclusively for almost a year and was able to TNS close it. When I got the #2.5 I closed it right out of the package. My celebration was short-lived though when I tried the #3 and only got it to parallel. :blush

I'm pretty sure than when I can TNS my #2.5 I still won't be able to MMS my #3. Grippers vary so you may have a hard #2.5. You should get a #3 just to let you know where you stand. Ironmind uses it as the cert gripper for a reason...it isn't easy. :D

I've never tried any BB grippers, but if you can find anything between the #2.5 and #3 it should help a lot.

@ Captain Amazing - I'm already in the #3 race...must get it by the end of this year! :rock If there's some thread going I don't know but it's definitely one of my top goals for this year.

agreed. the bbsm and rb 260n are really helping me along. another way to motivate yourself and others is a race. who wants to race me to the #3? consider this an official challenge, to all those who are so close, but so far away! lets all get that thing closed! whos in?

I'm about where yall are, so what the hey, Im in. Actually Im already racing Paul Knight. . . I have to close the 3 before he closes the 3.5.

I bought the bbsm to help progress( a little harder than the 2.5 ) and the rb 210 ( also a little harder than the 2.5). Every little bit helps. Also think about filing that 2.5 when it get too easy. Mine is lightly filed but I think I need to file some more.

Edited by cemery

I'm still about a cm from closing my 2.5 on a good day, so the #3 seems pretty far out there. I won't back down from the challenge, but Josh, I think you have this race in the bag.

theres gotta be someone out there closer than me. i'm still almost half an inch off on the easiest of 3's. and even if not, i'll just use my monster 3 for the race. i can only squeeze that to about parallel.

theres gotta be someone out there closer than me. i'm still almost half an inch off on the easiest of 3's. and even if not, i'll just use my monster 3 for the race. i can only squeeze that to about parallel.

Is this a race to MMS the 3, or to No Set a 3 ? If it's a no set then I'm in trouble :laugh

Is this a race to MMS the 3, or to No Set a 3 ? If it's a no set then I'm in trouble :laugh

i'd say just anything to get it closed. that is, of course, aside from giving it like a 4mm set. lets say, from parallel, maybe?

i'd say just anything to get it closed. that is, of course, aside from giving it like a 4mm set. lets say, from parallel, maybe?

Sounds good.

im tempted to join this race, ive closed the 2.5 a few times, the 3 seems a long way off at the minute, but hopefully some inspiration, and maybe kta could help

I was in a position today to get my hands on all the COC grippers that I own; a lot of my stuff is in storage. Well I just attempted a squeeze on my good old #3 and MAN do I have a way to go.

I'll join the race for the #3. I can get mine down to about 1/8" with either hand. On a good day I can close the BBSM, so I just ordered the 2.5 today.

LETS DO IT!

after i closed my #2.5 i went to the "run" for mm0 cert ...

i found i was very far ... i brought rb 240(betwen my #2.5 and #3) i closed it first time .. then next day tried my #3 (hardly moved it from parallel!!!)

whats wrong??

first time i said to myself: my #3 its a hard one! now i believe its about average ... for me its not very important to buy one gripper betwen #2.5 and #3 ...

if u want to close your #3 i think its necessary to train with your ...#3 ! negatives, chokes, forced negatives u name it ...

a gripper betwen #2.5 and #3 its good to build confidence though:-)

I didn't use anything to bridge the 2.5-3 gap.. Just negs with the #3.

I can do 10 reps on the HG 300 and I can get to half a centimetre on the #3...I'm wondering what would be good to work the gap RB 210 or the BBSM?

10 reps with the 300 and you can't close the #3? I can get one rep with the 300 and I can get the #3 a little closer than .5cm.

You must have a really easy hg300, or a really hard #3!! =)

Also, I thought the BBSM would be a good gripper to bridge the gap, but I would rate it as a 2.85 or 2.9 compared to the #3. Because of that, I ordered the 2.5 to bridge the gap.

Edited by lukeamdman

I wouldn't give the reps with the HG300 much weight...they're all over the place. I can't get mine any further than my #3, even with the narrower spread.

I think its just the fact I may have more endurance than strength I dunno I manage 20 reps on 2 and 10 with HG 300 but when i get to the 3 the close is so damn hard :angry: , anyway gotta keep working on it I'll probably be able someday