C.o.c. #2 Closed, Attempt At #2.5, Video

darthsith19

Short story: Bough a cheap weak hand gripper from Sports Authority mid January 2008 to begin working on my grip strength. Got the C.O.C. #1 mid Feb. closed it on second attempt with right hand. Got the #2 and #2.5 mid March. Nearly closed the #2 on the first day.

Well the grippers tore my hands up bad and I decided to let them heal (call me a wuss, I don't care). About 2 weeks passed and I decided to put tape on the outer side of the finger handle. It helped with the pain and I tried closing the #2 again, with the tape on, and got it! I was surprised at how little the tape effected my close, my fingers slipped a little more but not much more and with no pain!

So today I taped myself closing the #1 (overcrush), #2 and attempting to close the #2.5 (got really close with my right hand). In apologize because sometimes the gripper gets out of the video but not very often, I filmed myself so I did my best.

This link should work:

Dude man,you will own that 2.5 with the proper set,I will be straight up with ya,I think your gripper setting is way to far back,John Eaton has a great demonstration video on here somewhere on how to properly set the gripper,I just looked and could not find it,I am sure someone will chime in with a link for it. Good luck with it and I think you will get the 2.5 soon. :rock

So you think it's too deep into my hand, too far into it? I would love to see the video if anybody has a link to it. :)

So you think it's too deep into my hand, too far into it? I would love to see the video if anybody has a link to it. :)

Yeah,definitely to far back,get some gym chalk for the palm to.If I find the vid I will let you know.I think you will be amazed with the proper set. ;)

Yeah,definitely to far back,get some gym chalk for the palm to.If I find the vid I will let you know.I think you will be amazed with the proper set. ;)

Here it is:

Great job on the closes and making fast progress! I agree with the other guys - if you can improve your setting you will close the #2.5. It takes some practice to get the setting down but once you do you'll find you have much more power when trying to close a gripper. The harder the gripper is the harder it is to set so practice with your #1 until you get it mastered then move on to the #2 then #2.5.

Oh, one more thing...I noticed you don't get your thumb into the close much. Try reaching across when you're nearly closed and pulling on the last knuckle of your index finger with your thumb.

Edited by gumpster

Here it is:

That is for a parallel set though. I seriously doubt I could do it like that for a full close, my pinky wouldn't even be on the gripper for a while and I don't see how that would work w/ no pinky.

Josh,I would learn the parallel set first,after all for a ccs you will most likely do the parallel set then open it to ccs width,then you can work on tns.

What I like is, even when you realise you don't have the 2.5, you keep on truckin. There's a #3 closer attitude, right there.