Whos Workin On The #2?

layla

I would like to know who amongst the members here are working at the im 2 as their goal gripper, this is my case and I need some workouts to see and model mine after

I would like to know who amongst the members here are working at the im 2 as their goal gripper, this is my case and I need some workouts to see and model mine after

Really, you should have everything you need in the logs that exist. Go to anyone's log, Teemu's for example, steal the ideas and scale them back for your level. I have ripped many workout ideas from Teemu's log.

Cannon is right. You don't need to be closing #3's to use the routine of someone who does. It's the basics that count and it's the basics that will better you. It's no different than any other field of strength. Not many people have DL'd 903lbs but they use the Coan/Philipi routine and just scale the weights down.

Cannon is right. You don't need to be closing #3's to use the routine of someone who does. It's the basics that count and it's the basics that will better you. It's no different than any other field of strength. Not many people have DL'd 903lbs but they use the Coan/Philipi routine and just scale the weights down.

The Coan/Philipi routine uses percentages not weights. But we know what you mean.. Have you ever tried it? I dare you to try and get through it. Maybe If you are doing no other weight lifting its possible. I made it to week3.

Strut: Do what the others have said. Goto Teemu's log and copy what you can with grippers in your range.

Edited by Chris Mathison

The Coan/Philipi routine uses percentages not weights. But we know what you mean.. Have you ever tried it? I dare you to try and get through it. Maybe If you are doing no other weight lifting its possible. I made it to week3.

Strut: Do what the others have said. Goto Teemu's log and copy what you can with grippers in your range.

Chris I made it thru the Coan/Philippi with the Axle leading up to last years BBB. Its tough but definately a good program.

- Aaron

Chris I made it thru the Coan/Philippi with the Axle leading up to last years BBB. Its tough but definately a good program.

- Aaron

Any good results to speak of? It was too much for me. I was working out 4 other days of the week and doing strongman impliment training on the 6th day.

Strut- Here are a couple workouts that Mlstrass posted a long time ago that he was working on to close that last little bit on the #2. I used this simple program for about 2-3 weeks and close my #2.

Mlstrass Workout #1

Warmup Trainer x10

x3 on #1

Couple attempts on 2

4-5 neg. on 2.5 or 3

2-3 Overcrushes

Here is another routine that he offered up that I did not try yet for the 2.5

Here's my current routine done 2 times per week. I do 2x5 with the Trainer on off days for recovery and to practice my set.

[b]Warm up: Tx7, #1x3, #1.5x1

#2.5: 2-3 attempts

BBSM: 1-2 negatives held for 5-10 seconds

Filed HG250x2-3 overcrush reps held closed for 1-2 seconds each rep.

#1.5x10-15

- Aaron

Any good results to speak of? It was too much for me. I was working out 4 other days of the week and doing strongman impliment training on the 6th day.

Pretty good results. Was doing 2 other Gym days and 2 other grip days at the same time. Went from 315# Axle to 355# It was tough though.

- Aaron

- Aaron

Pretty good results. Was doing 2 other Gym days and 2 other grip days at the same time. Went from 315# Axle to 355# It was tough though.

- Aaron

thats awesome and well worth the toughness of the program. If I thought It would put 40lbs on my deadlift I might have finished it. Maybe I will give it a go after my competing season.

Edited by Chris Mathison

Strut- Here are a couple workouts that Mlstrass posted a long time ago that he was working on to close that last little bit on the #2. I used this simple program for about 2-3 weeks and close my #2.

Mlstrass Workout #1

Warmup Trainer x10

x3 on #1

Couple attempts on 2

4-5 neg. on 2.5 or 3

2-3 Overcrushes

Here is another routine that he offered up that I did not try yet for the 2.5

Here's my current routine done 2 times per week. I do 2x5 with the Trainer on off days for recovery and to practice my set.

[b]Warm up: Tx7, #1x3, #1.5x1

#2.5: 2-3 attempts

BBSM: 1-2 negatives held for 5-10 seconds

Filed HG250x2-3 overcrush reps held closed for 1-2 seconds each rep.

#1.5x10-15

just to be clear, this was done once a week

I've started it but never finished it. It actually was decent volume for me but other non-lifting stuff got in the way and I just stopped for awhile. I think I was in week 6 or 7 when I stopped and my DL had already gone up from 315-355 before I hurt my back. I think it was a combo of me never having an organized routine before that and it is a great routine. I should probably go back into it now that I'm finally over 400.

Back to the point now. Barring any deformity or serious injury, any average joe can work towards the #2 and some can already take it down. More important than any program is being consistent and working hard. That will get you farther than anything else.

I am training for the #2 but I can already close it just not everytime. So I am waiting for my 2.5 to arrive so I can do negatives with that, then when the #2 get's easy I will do negatives with the #3 to get to the 2.5 with ease and so on. I also do Grease-the-Groove static holds throughout the day with a tennis ball. That ball really makes all the difference.

"I am training for the #2 but I can already close it just not everytime"

ditto. I find that twice a week of grip training is enough for me. Otherwise I backslide. But isn't that what training is? I've yet to find an original training programme. So borrow what you can from others routines.