A Couple Of Questions From A Newbie

subsatanic

Hi everyone,

I just started training grip with COC a few weeks ago, although I've been working the grip indirectly for ages, deadlifting etc. I've got two questions:

1. Regarding endurance - I can barely close the no. 1 for 3-4 times, but I can close no.2 properly and no.2.5 from just short of the CC width. I've been plagued so to speak with this low rep nature of my training for a long time - say in squating I can maybe squat properly 50% of my (again proper) 1 rep max for no more than 7-8 times. Is there anyone that's encountered this sort of endurance deficiency in their training, and how do you deal with it specifically when it comes to grip training? Any advice is appreciated.

2. I can barely close the no.1 left handed. Is it common to have such a difference in strength between the two hands?

Thanks,

Milos

Well, im sure other people will have better answers but from my understanding the problem for your squat could be your form. I had a similar issue with the squat, i can go for a 1 rep max where i (stay tight). but when going for endurance reps my form gives way and i end up using all back, to help this i then did alot more back exercises (stiff legged deadlifts, rack pulls), and i noticed a big improvement. As far as grippers go that is extremely werid? your doing full closes for the 1 and full closes for the 2? you just might have a ultra super hard 1. and as far as the imbalance with the hands my left is 1 gripper down from my right. just make sure to train your left everytime you do your right.

Hi everyone,

I just started training grip with COC a few weeks ago, although I've been working the grip indirectly for ages, deadlifting etc. I've got two questions:

1. Regarding endurance - I can barely close the no. 1 for 3-4 times, but I can close no.2 properly and no.2.5 from just short of the CC width. I've been plagued so to speak with this low rep nature of my training for a long time - say in squating I can maybe squat properly 50% of my (again proper) 1 rep max for no more than 7-8 times. Is there anyone that's encountered this sort of endurance deficiency in their training, and how do you deal with it specifically when it comes to grip training? Any advice is appreciated.

2. I can barely close the no.1 left handed. Is it common to have such a difference in strength between the two hands?

Thanks,

Milos

While I know next to nothing about grip training, I am very new to this, I do know that some people have more slow twitch muscle fiber than others. I have always been very good with lifting heavy weights, at least heavy to me, but my reps have always lacked. You may have more slow twitch muscle fiber than fast twitch muscle fiber. Again I am no expert so you may want to take my statement with a grain of salt.

what you're describing is indeed very strange. You can only get 3 or 4 reps out of you #1 and yet you can close the #2.5 at close to CC :blink Sorry no answers for you just baffled. Is the gripper slipping in your hand so that after youve closed it for 1 rep its in a much harder position making further reps harder? Do you use chalk? Have you tried puting a choker on the gripper and practicing reps that way?

I remember when I was training grippers at one time I could only do one mms on the #2 and one tns on the #2. Yes strange but it happend.

If you were to post some clips showing your closes on all three grippers it might help to identify the problem.