Coc#2.5 Question

gerryg

Does anyone own more than one of the coc#2.5 gripper? Are they close in strength or do they vary? I bought one when they first came out and I was thinking about buying another thinking maybe by chance I could get a different strength (easy or hard) compared to the gripper I already own.

Does anyone own more than one of the coc#2.5 gripper? Are they close in strength or do they vary? I bought one when they first came out and I was thinking about buying another thinking maybe by chance I could get a different strength (easy or hard) compared to the gripper I already own.

I've closed 4 of the #2.5s so far. The one I have is obscene when it's cold and starts to bind up. Harder than an easy #3 I have. But grease it up and it's back to a hard, but more normal, #2.5. Damn strange though.

I've closed 4 of the #2.5s so far. The one I have is obscene when it's cold and starts to bind up. Harder than an easy #3 I have. But grease it up and it's back to a hard, but more normal, #2.5. Damn strange though.

Greasing really helps? I should greaes my 3.5. It feels miles away from any of the 3's I've closed.

A friend of mine, homelifter from BB.com has a 2.5 that is exactly the same spread and handle setting as mine and both ours have no apparent coil differences. Mine is clearly easier than my BBSM and at worst (if one calls the BBSM 2.7..my 2.5 is a 2.6) while his is clearly harder and at least a 2.8.

Grippers VARY but most often it is the spread or handle setting, but not in this case. I got mine no more than a couple weeks after he got his and this was just after the .5's came out.

.. neilkaz ..

Greasing really helps? I should greaes my 3.5. It feels miles away from any of the 3's I've closed.

I should have said "oiling," but yes it helps. Plus it helps keep the grippers from binding up, which I'm convinced can't be good for the spring life.

Well, I guess I'll dig deep in my pockets and gamble with the $24.95. I'll be crossing my fingers that I get a different strength coc#2.5!

I have a 2.5 that's harder than my RB 210 pretty easy start hard finish. :D

hi Gerry!

just curious to know why do u want another #2.5 if u already closed it ?... am i right?

if u cant close your #2.5 but u are almost there, (about 1 cm or less) its a matter to train smart and u will get it very soon!

the new rb240 are betwen #2.5 and #3 , easy at the beggining but hard in the end.

i think u should buy one of these or an equivalent Beef Builder:-)

kilkkinen rated hundreds of grippers, please take a look at the link i post at my threat " why #3 calibration vary so much" ... he calibrated a #3 at 2.61 and another one at 3.38 .. INSANE difference!

there are some #2.5 there .... i heard #2.5 dont vary that much _(same with #3.5) . try to put some oil (dw40) and use some chalk and i beat u will demolish your #2.5! ( be sure to warm up with squats).

your thoughts?

regards

Easiest #2.5, what is calibrated by kilkkinen, was 2.29 and hardest 2.81! So i can say that they can vary a little.. :D

koura: u are right, i thought most #2.5 should be around 2.4/2.6:-)

thanks for the correction.

Gerry: pick your #3 and try powersets and negatives its time to break the #2.5 barrier! if u are used to do tns /no-set/or ccs try to learn properly how to do parallel sets. in my oppinion diesel crew have the better explanation at youtube.:-)