Braced Bend Record

David Horne

The clearing of my stomach problem seems to be working, although still waiting for the test results.

Anyway, in the last 2 days I've actually had some energy and strength to do some training, and I just did some things I fancied, and in fact hadn't done for ages. I decided to do some braced bending with the spare bars from last years Champion of Steel comp.

Yesterday I did some easy stuff, and today I went for 26" x 16.35mm bar and got it. I'll upload the video later, and put the bend on the list.

Well I'm pleased anyway, especially after feeling so unwell and crappy. It's like a breath of fresh air! :)

David

Congrats - there's life in the old dog yet!!! Get well soon.

Sometimes good PR's are set after being sick. Not sure why that happens.

Well congrats then David! Get well soon. John's right, it's probably a combination the rest you get and the new-found energy that comes with being sickness-free.

Nice work David! man I thought the 28" piece I did hurt and I couldn't finish it 2" shorter man don't think I'm in for that much hurt way to go!

Guest NailBender
The clearing of my stomach problem seems to be working, although still waiting for the test results.

Anyway, in the last 2 days I've actually had some energy and strength to do some training, and I just did some things I fancied, and in fact hadn't done for ages. I decided to do some braced bending with the spare bars from last years Champion of Steel comp.

Yesterday I did some easy stuff, and today I went for 26" x 16.35mm bar and got it. I'll upload the video later, and put the bend on the list.

Well I'm pleased anyway, especially after feeling so unwell and crappy. It's like a breath of fresh air! :)

David

Awesome work David! Hope you get better.

Stay at it, you're one of the BEST!

NailBender

Nice work David!! I knew it wouldn't take long for you to beat mine. :tongue:D

That's a bend to be proud of, David!

Raising the bar or should I say bending it - lol has been a way of life for you -- Continue To Conquer!

Wow David that is simply great!

Tim

Thanks all!

I think all the other strength training prior to the illness has helped a lot on this, and I think that we can strim a bit more off the length. Especially when I start on the 20mm thick bars next week. I've also got that 7/8" thick bar from Stew looking at me - maybe this year!

All the best,

David

That is nuts man. I can't wait to get some more 5/8" and 3/4" now. I have only played with them so far, I never had enough to really start cutting them down to see where I'm at. That looked brutal though. Man you kept on with the chest crush, I know how much that hurts. I kept saying to my grilfried, why doens't he move to the crush yet, it's gotta be close enough now, he's hurting me just watching it.

Nasty, nasty peice of steel you bent there man and you gotta let me know when you start hitting that 7/8" bar. One of us guys on here is gonna bend it, then like the red I think one after another we will take it down once it is proven mortal.

Tim,

I have learned through experience to milk each movement and not rush to the next. It can take more energy, but there's nothing worse than when you go to the next position and really it's not ripe yet.

The 7/8" is big, and I'm sure I can get something on it, but will wait a few weeks till I know I can do more damage than a few degrees.

David

Had a go 20 mins ago at another bar left over from the Champions of Steel comp, a 36" x 20.43mm bar, and really pleased myself by getting it to 60 degrees before I ran out of strength and time.

I will go for the 7/8" bar from Stew next Saturday at my Dad's comp.

All for now,

David

Had a go 20 mins ago at another bar left over from the Champions of Steel comp, a 36" x 20.43mm bar, and really pleased myself by getting it to 60 degrees before I ran out of strength and time.

All for now,

David

WOW David!! Getting that big of a kink in that bar is AMAZING!!!

All for now,

David

David,

Great job! I'm really glad to hear this. I've been waiting so long for somebody to try the 7/8 inch bar. Well, that and the 3/4 square but I believe the 7/8 round is a little harder as far as pure poundage. I micro kinked a 3/4 square once but I've never even heard the scale crackling on the 7/8 ISO bar I have.

Can I assume your 7/8 bar is 48 inches long?

I bet you get it though and I believe that will be one of the coolest looking trophys in bending history. Will be a bend for the record books.

For the record, I bent a 7/8 inch by 4 foot bar once by putting one end under a railroad track and let me tell you it was still a heck of a workout!

Go get it David! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Tim

Tim,

Yes it's 48" long, and was given to me by Stewart Killick the strongman. I feel that todays 36" bar has given me the confidence to get something on it, but we shall see next week. At least I have enthusiasm about training, feats and feel a lot better. This is more important.

Heck, I would be REALLY happy with a 60 degree bend as a trophy - but we shall see!

David

Ever give that 7/8 a tug David? Sorry but looking at the one (unbent) in my collection for so long, I'm really anxious to see somebody bend it. To my knowledge, it's never been done.

Tim