A Meeting Of Strength

EricMilfeld

Ironically, I just discovered that a like minded grip nut who certed on the #3 the same year as did I (2003) lives but 10 minutes away. He only discovered the Gripboard a week ago! I guess he lives in a cave. So today he and his workout partner Casey came by for one of those never ending workouts (at least until my wife informed me we were going to the park). Paul and Casey are certainly some of the friendliest good natured folk I've met.

Paul is the real deal and then some, a lot of some. First of all, his so called setting of a gripper is basically a credit card set. He simply grips the spring left handed and then wiggles his fingers a bit on the handles and slams it shut like a toy. :blink So I had to try the #3 he certed on, of course. I had plans of showing off a bit with a few reps. Nope. One tough single with a parallel set. No one would say Paul's #3 is easy. With a proper set he would rocket to the top of the gripper charts in short order. If he currently has a weak link with the grippers it would be the final crush, but that would come easy with some specialized training. He also no set a RB 210 that's tougher than my hard filed #2 (feels like a hard #2.5). I just missed a no set with the same gripper. His hands are thick and big with wrists that dwarf mine. But it gets better...

Bending. I've never seen anyone with the potential that Paul has. Seriously. He told me he's been toying around with the steel only since January and has already done a Red in Iron Mind pads. And that's just what he did today... in about ten seconds! Huhhh... "Paul, wanna try a Shiny Bastard with some 1 1/4" thick leather?" "Sure", he said. He then actually proceeded to kill a Shiny Bastard (545 calibration rating) in about 2 or 3 minutes. He could have done it in about a minute if it wasn't for me stopping him to give a few bending pointers! Jeremiah Fox has some serious competition. And they'll both be competing at The Show of Hands. He also hearted a St. Croix Polo #1 in no time at all and then went on to "S" a Diamond Classic #1 shoe.

Casey is also surprisingly strong, especially when you take into account his small stature. He's fairly tall, but he packs a lot of punch in his thin, wiry frame. He's built like Derek Graybill. Casey's an awesome hub lifter. In addition to toying with a double 45 hub lift, he did a 45 with 11 additional pounds with ease. Then he really blew my mind by doing a mid air transfer with a 45. Nice! Unfortunately, by the time we decided to video him doing the same he was pretty spent. Casey also took a Polo shoe to just shy of 180 degrees. All three of us get stuck at about 160 degrees on the tougher shoes.

Well, I can't say how pleased I am to have a couple of grip guys as crazy as myself, practically within walking distance. My poor wife!

WOW Paul would be a force in bending!

Guest NailBender
Ironically, I just discovered that a like minded grip nut who certed on the #3 the same year as did I (2003) lives but 10 minutes away. He only discovered the Gripboard a week ago! I guess he lives in a cave. So today he and his workout partner Casey came by for one of those never ending workouts (at least until my wife informed me we were going to the park). Paul and Casey are certainly some of the friendliest good natured folk I've met.

Paul is the real deal and then some, a lot of some. First of all, his so called setting of a gripper is basically a credit card set. He simply grips the spring left handed and then wiggles his fingers a bit on the handles and slams it shut like a toy. :blink So I had to try the #3 he certed on, of course. I had plans of showing off a bit with a few reps. Nope. One tough single with a parallel set. No one would say Paul's #3 is easy. With a proper set he would rocket to the top of the gripper charts in short order. If he currently has a weak link with the grippers it would be the final crush, but that would come easy with some specialized training. He also no set a RB 210 that's tougher than my hard filed #2 (feels like a hard #2.5). I just missed a no set with the same gripper. His hands are thick and big with wrists that dwarf mine. But it gets better...

Bending. I've never seen anyone with the potential that Paul has. Seriously. He told me he's been toying around with the steel only since January and has already done a Red in Iron Mind pads. And that's just what he did today... in about ten seconds! Huhhh... "Paul, wanna try a Shiny Bastard with some 1 1/4" thick leather?" "Sure", he said. He then actually proceeded to kill a Shiny Bastard (545 calibration rating) in about 2 or 3 minutes. He could have done it in about a minute if it wasn't for me stopping him to give a few bending pointers! Jeremiah Fox has some serious competition. And they'll both be competing at The Show of Hands. He also hearted a St. Croix Polo #1 in no time at all and then went on to "S" a Diamond Classic #1 shoe.

Casey is also surprisingly strong, especially when you take into account his small stature. He's fairly tall, but he packs a lot of punch in his thin, wiry frame. He's built like Derek Graybill. Casey's an awesome hub lifter. In addition to toying with a double 45 hub lift, he did a 45 with 11 additional pounds with ease. Then he really blew my mind by doing a mid air transfer with a 45. Nice! Unfortunately, by the time we decided to video him doing the same he was pretty spent. Casey also took a Polo shoe to just shy of 180 degrees. All three of us get stuck at about 160 degrees on the tougher shoes.

Well, I can't say how pleased I am to have a couple of grip guys as crazy as myself, practically within walking distance. My poor wife!

Good going guys! Like I told you Eric, I know Paul from the past in grappling tournaments. Paul is just

as feared in MMA as he is fixing to be in the grip community. Paul is the real deal for sure. It's hard to

tell what he's capable of. For those of you that are not aware of this guy, he's an EXTREME athlete and his

strength is incredible to say the least. If I'm not mistaken I think Paul used to be a rock climber, I could be wrong

but I think I remember him telling me that. It's been 5 years since I've seen Paul and when I met him he was lighter

than 215.

For all of you going to compete in the "Show of Hands" you got a real surprise coming from this guy. Don't be surprised

at what he can do even though he hasn't been bending but a short time. My prediction is top 3 maybe even win the

contest.

Can't wait to the contest!!!

NailBender

WOW Paul would be a force in bending!

Paul is a FORCE in anything he sets out to do.

Wait and see!

NailBender

Thanx Eric - I had a great time at your house - I learned alot from you! Zach (the horse shoe proffessor) had sent me a message before I came over yesterday saying your one of the best to learn from and train with - he's right!

lets start with the crazy stuff Eric did yesterday: first of all everything I did yesterday - Eric did better!

we started off with hubbing a couple forty-five's - Eric doesn't own any 45's (w/a good hub) - you would think he does - he picked up the 45's like he trains with them every day, in fact - after he deadlifted them, I was looking for the ones he'd been training with in his garage, but there are none!

(Casey kicks both of our asses in hubbing - I can't understand how he does it - I think he sleeps w/a 45 under his pillow) Kudos on your 45 transfer - that was ridiculous!

after that we went right into some horse shoes - holy crap! Eric can bend shoes! I bought a good variety of shoes and I'm sure he could bend all of them! I snickered when I handed him a St. Croix "EZ 00-F" (about 5/16 thick or thicker but very wide and its a small shoe) he silently snickered back by bending it! Zach and Adam (Glass) you guys need to try this one! and film it!

on top of that he smashed a St. Croix Lite #2 NOT rimmed (rimmed is alot easier) his leg has to be killing him - he never used any padding on his leg!

I kind of knew he was good at shoes before hand because he had the who's who of bent shoes strung up in his garage, broncos, etc....

then we did a little pinching - Eric told me he hadn't piched 5 10's before - I think he was joshing me - he picked'em up like he was grabbing his breifcase to go to work - you'll be pinching 6 dimes any day.

and about those grippers - thanks for the hype and all but the real strength act was that gripper that you had set to parallel - which one was that again? the #5? (JK) I really don't remember which one it is but I witnessed you closing it. that was amazing.

Thanks for the great time - Casey and I are very excited about all we've been tought.

P.S. yeah, my wife already says I spend too much time gripping - its about to get worse! HaHaHaHaHa