Heslep Bending (arms Fully Extended In Front Of The Body)

AdamTGlass

I have been working Tommy Heslep style bending a lot the last few months

today-three PRs from it with my club bells and card tearing. Huge increase in strength. Even if you dont work it a lot, it is extremely helpful to your other lifts.

Anyone else been working with it?

Edited by SSGGLASS

I have been trying to bend heslep style every so often. I can definitely feel it would have benefits to my overall arm strength but I haven't bent in that style enough to know those benefits.

I class it as another bending style which like DO,DU and Reverse everyone should do makes you a more complete bender and really hits the wrists in a unique way ive been doing these since i saw tommys unchained video but it took a good while to get half decent at it i hope to get alot better at it in time.

Its good to use a belt around the elbows so you cant cheat.

I sometimes do it on a 60d (my 60 is weak comparing to a real 60d).

I do it every now and then to ad a little spice to my bending sessions. Afterwards I can really feel that it does some serious good to the stability of your wrists.

Hitting every direction will make you a stronger bender and this is one of thoose directions.

today-three PRs from it

Give it up man, what were they?

Tim

if you have ever tried a clubbell- most of the work is dependant on your wrist

I use 5 movements with them- Shoulder cast, swipe, Mill, shield cast and parry cast

Clubs are used like kettlebells-instead of going heavier you usually train fast or go longer. If your wrist buckles early on, you should just park the club, because your going to be floating them all over the place.

Lately i have had much better control over my 25lbs CB. Now i know 25lbs does not sound like anything, but i have taken that club all over the place and most people can not hold it out in a flag position for more than a second. it is a great tool. my mill, parry and shield cast numbers have had a great jump- stronger wrist means better transmission of power from the hips to the handle.

this could jump in to a post on clubs-so i will say- this bending style and Reverse have improved my numbers, and it will do the same for a soft ball bat, a golf club or a hockey stick.

Edited by SSGGLASS

Guest NailBender
I have been working Tommy Heslep style bending a lot the last few months

today-three PRs from it with my club bells and card tearing. Huge increase in strength. Even if you dont work it a lot, it is extremely helpful to your other lifts.

Anyone else been working with it?

Hello Adam my good friend! I practice this a lot. I think it along with

reverse and DU is a true test of hand, wrist and forearm strength.

I'd like to see a contest with reverse style only allowed or a contest

with Heslep style only allowed. I think we would see some of the

big bends drop all the sudden.

Just my view though.

There's nothing better to strengthen your hands and wrist for sure.

NailBender

Joe

A lot of major grip contests are reverse only, and you see some very good bends.

You want to see an unreal reverse, look at Booyah!'s Insane bastasd in every way (IBIEW) cert videos on youtube!! I watch that video once a week to remind me of some things- its just an unreal bend. I have it saved on my favorites page on youtube, make sure you scope that out.