10x3/8 G2 Unbraced Bend

David_wigren

I finaly got the oportonity to try the 10x3/8 G2 unbraced and it wasn't all to bad. Long unbraced are a bit tricky to start but after the first kink they turn into a walk in the park

10x3/8 G2 unbraced

6" G5 2x2 leather pads

This one was a bit scary bacause right after the bend my right pinky went completely numb. You can actually see me check my finger and moving it just to check it's not broken. It got 100% fine a couple of minutes after. So I attempted the:

5.5" G5 in 2x2 leather pads

This one is a bit blurry. I experimented with my camera and found a close range mode. Perfect I thought, because now you would really see the end of the head. But When I stepped back I got all blurry. No biggie though because you can still see all the vital information of the bend docomentation.

Thank you

I finaly got the oportonity to try the 10x3/8 G2 unbraced and it wasn't all to bad. Long unbraced are a bit tricky to start but after the first kink they turn into a walk in the park

10x3/8 G2 unbraced

6" G5 2x2 leather pads

This one was a bit scary bacause right after the bend my right pinky went completely numb. You can actually see me check my finger and moving it just to check it's not broken. It got 100% fine a couple of minutes after. So I attempted the:

5.5" G5 in 2x2 leather pads

This one is a bit blurry. I experimented with my camera and found a close range mode. Perfect I thought, because now you would really see the end of the head. But When I stepped back I got all blurry. No biggie though because you can still see all the vital information of the bend docomentation.

Thank you

Too easy for you bro. You have some gumby shoulders to put up with that 10" DO kink. I understand your pain on those 2" pads, I am working on some new stuff and have using them a lot. Stick to what Gazza has already told us- It works!

Good god David,that 10" bolt unbraced :blink you are certainly flexible.great work on those bends. :rock :rock :rock

Thanks Adam and Charlie. The pain isn't so bad once you're mentaly prepared for it. Didn't hurt my pinkies. But I was worried that it might have damaged it. But it was probably just a nerve that got pinched. I only first noticed my pinky was numb when I was measuring it. It hurt my wrists though :upsidedwn

And being flexible really helps the 7" kink. Many stuggle with it just for that issue. I don't have that problem and for that I'm put at a great advantage when it comes to kinking stuff. Crush is the same for all though. Perhaps that's why my crush is so bad :(

Those are some amazing bends. I used to think I was flexible :D

Awesome freaking bends David!

I just watched the first vid, crazy flexibility David. Insanity, pure and simple! :rock :rock :rock

PS, thanks for the mention! Your not doing so bad with shoes yourself either though ;)

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Thank you guys. You guys keep talking about the flexibility, don't forget how unhumanly strong I am to be able to do this ;) No it's mostly flexibility. I used to dislocate my shoulders alot when I where a kid but now they sit very secure in their position.

Zach you deserve a mention. I consider myself pretty good with the shoes and they kicked my ass. The DC2 would be a joke to you, you just havn't tried it yet.

Thank you guys. You guys keep talking about the flexibility, don't forget how unhumanly strong I am to be able to do this ;)

No joke, though, I can get those longer bars up there but it still takes more strength than I have to kink one.

Thank you guys. You guys keep talking about the flexibility, don't forget how unhumanly strong I am to be able to do this ;) No it's mostly flexibility. I used to dislocate my shoulders alot when I where a kid but now they sit very secure in their position.

Zach you deserve a mention. I consider myself pretty good with the shoes and they kicked my ass. The DC2 would be a joke to you, you just havn't tried it yet.

But as it stands, you have bent them and I have not ;) So there :D

WOW!! :blink :blink Awesome bends David!! I can't imagine getting that long a bar up that high!! Love the 2x2 pad bending though. I'm gonna try soon. Looks like fun! :D Congrats buddy!!

Awesome David!!! 3 Very Impressive Bends :rock:rock

Like what Mike said, 3 impressive bends :rock I liked the 10" DO most :D

Great bends! Way to take #1 on the 2"X2" pad list! I might have to get a few more on tape to push you a bit:)

Thanks everyone. To everyone that hasn't tried the 2x2 pads yet, try it! But only if you've been at this game for a while. It's not anything I recomend for total beginners. And test what style works best for you against easy stock before you go all out.

Great bends! Way to take #1 on the 2"X2" pad list! I might have to get a few more on tape to push you a bit:)

That would be awsome! I don't plan to stop here. I'm just about getting started with theese 2x2 pads. Would be fun to have something to chase beside Gazza's super stainless bend.

Get yourself some 3mms thick belt leather cut them 1.5" x 1.5" and train on these when you go back to the 2" x 2" x 1/4inch thick pads your PRS will be huge.