Bbe goes down

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I have been doing a kind of strange workout on my grippers as I stated about 2 weeks ago.( One rep #3 , wait 1 min,go again, repeat for 10 - 12 tiimes ) Anyway, I have not picked up my BBE since that time of starting this. So last night about 3 hours after doing my grippers I thought I would pick up my BBE and see how it felt. I got a good set and gave it a squeeze. To my surprise it went right down. I couldn't belive it. I waited about 5 min and thought I would try it again. It went again.  I don't know if it's the change in the workout, or maybe it's all the other heavy lifting I have been doing.  I must be doing something right somewhere .

Excellent job with the elite.  How many times a week were you doing this routine?  How many reps could you do with the #3 before you started?

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Strongmitts,

I am doing this 3 times per week. The most reps I have done with the #3 is 4. I can almost always get 3. This workout is not what you would call hard. I am almost recoverd after 1 min. On my Sunday night workout , On my 7th and 8th set I did 2 reps with my right hand. I tried to get 2 with my left but it did not happen.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Thanks guys. My elete is not one of the silver ones. It is much harder than my #3, But I think I have an easy #3, so to speak. There are a couple things on my elete that differ from my IM grippers . The kurl is not as deepor as sharp, and the champher on the ends of the handels is alott bigger on the BBE. So I feel you have to close it a bit farther.

Harlan,

You should try my BBE.  To me, it may as well be a #4.  I get it to parallel, but then that's it.  It stops me dead cold.  :(

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I am sure mine is no way near what yours is. I have only had mine about 6 months. The newer ones are nothing like the old ones with the silver spring. Speaking of the #4, that is a whole nother world. It's not easy to even get a good set.Let alone close it. I am still right about parallel.

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Hey Willard. Glad to hear about the farmers. I know this is going to sound bad , But no I am only doing 1 rep . There was 2 sets last week where I did 2 reps one my right hand. I only wait 1 min between sets also. Not bad for a change.