Question About Kta (no Spoilers Dont Worry)

Jaz

So i can close the #2, but barely, i mean i can close it on a good day. So should i be using the #1 to train for the #2? OR what because i know i will be tired from the workload i can expect my strength to diminish. I can get around 4-7r with the #1. I can get the #3 to a littlle past parallel so i think its my overcrush that is weak. Any suggestions of which grippers to start with?

I'd personally suggest you not to KTA at all at this early a stage in your grip experience. However, if you do, wait til you can close the #2 consistently, then use it to get to the #2.5

Edited by vikingsrule92

I'd personally suggest you not to KTA at all at this early a stage in your grip experience. However, if you do, wait til you can close the #2 consistently, then use it to get to the #2.5

Ok thanks! I appreciate it.

On a side note, will using the rolling thunder increase crushing strength?

My suggestions for a gripper workout are as follows.

Using a gripper you can close, do 3 to 5 reps of closing, and then squeezing the gripper as hard as you can for several seconds. Follow this by doing the same with a harder gripper, and then with your goal gripper. Do this once a day, or if this is too much every other day or even two days in between.

I have made good progress with such training, without beating up my hands. I am able to close a #3 currently.

Using a gripper you can close, do 3 to 5 reps of closing, and then squeezing the gripper as hard as you can for several seconds. Follow this by doing the same with a harder gripper, and then with your goal gripper. Do this once a day, or if this is too much every other day or even two days in between.

I have made good progress with such training, without beating up my hands. I am able to close a #3 currently.

THanks, thats alot simpler than some of the stuff ive read about. How many sets of this? What gripper did u train with when u started working towards the #3? Could i do this training along with my other forarm training? It doesn't seem like too much for both.

THanks, thats alot simpler than some of the stuff ive read about. How many sets of this? What gripper did u train with when u started working towards the #3? Could i do this training along with my other forarm training? It doesn't seem like too much for both.

Just one set with each gripper. You can do other forearm and grip training on top of this. I used to train pinch and thickbar once a week and made rapid gains.

i agree with vikingsrule92. back in feb. of 2005 i never even heard of coc grippers, a buddy of mine introduced me to the #2 gripper and i closed it on my second try. i was immediatly hooked. that night i got on the internet and ordered the 1,2,3 and 2 days later i ordered the kta( big mistake), i got through 3 weeks of it and all of a sudden i felt a sharp burning pain on the top of my hand. it hurt so bad i dropped the gripper in the floor. to make a long story short, badly strained the tendons and the small muscles in my hand and couldn't even squeeze a store bought gripper to parallelfor almost 7 months and couldn't do any grip work for a year and 4 months. the moral of the story is that you should take your time and build a base for your grip such as david hornes post for a beginners routine or you could use old guys suggestion, but take your time with what ever you do and make sure you get sufficient recovery time.

Just one set with each gripper. You can do other forearm and grip training on top of this. I used to train pinch and thickbar once a week and made rapid gains.

After the first set of squeezes with the one you can close 3-5r, and moving up, you would be doing squeezes again right? Unless of course your strong enough to close it.

After the first set of squeezes with the one you can close 3-5r, and moving up, you would be doing squeezes again right? Unless of course your strong enough to close it.

Yes squeeze and hold, as though your life depended on it!