More Bending Videos

matthcarl

I did some bending today. I'm going to try and rest my hands for TPS, so this is my last session until then.

7x1/4 Square CRS in IM pads

5" G5 in IM pads

5.5" Round CRS Reverse

I did a bunch more bending, which I'll detail in my log, but nothing I wanted on video.

Very well done :rock Now train for the red!

Very nice! I'd rather bend Bastards than the Square stock, so you're really close man. Keep hammering away.

Great work Matt,all 3 looked like good solid bends to me. :rock :rock :rock

You'll get a bastard in IMP soon bro! It's just around the corner!

Thanks guys, I really do feel close the Bastard in IM pads...then the red nail cert is only a matter of time!

Great work Matt you have stuck with it and its paying off!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Way to go Matt looking good hey how does 1/4 CRS compare to 1/4 Stainless. :rock

Way to go Matt looking good hey how does 1/4 CRS compare to 1/4 Stainless. :rock

You mean the square stock? I'd say the CRS is a shade harder to kink, but when it goes it goes faster and crushes easier. The stainless makes a much wider "U" shape, which makes it trickier for shorter lengths in my opinion.

You mean the square stock? I'd say the CRS is a shade harder to kink, but when it goes it goes faster and crushes easier. The stainless makes a much wider "U" shape, which makes it trickier for shorter lengths in my opinion.

I am sorry Matt yes Square stock I just bought some key stock 1/4 Square have ever tried it. I am giving it shot tomorrow.

I am sorry Matt yes Square stock I just bought some key stock 1/4 Square have ever tried it. I am giving it shot tomorrow.

I've never tried key stock, but I've heard of it snapping, so be careful.

I've never tried key stock, but I've heard of it snapping, so be careful.

Thank's for the warning Matt maybe I won't.

Nice Bends Matt and Congrats!!! BTW, you missed a GB cert on the grade 5 bolt only by a couple seconds.

Nice work man, I haven't got a chance to try square stuff with IM wraps yet, the only fbbc square stock I got left from what Braden gave me is 1 5" peice and I don't wanna mess with that in those wraps just yet. Have you tried a g8 yet? Is the edge of the square worse with those pads? I imagine it would be. I still feel like my fingers are gonna break before I kink a bastard DO with those wraps.

Nice reverse too, where is your DU at? It is weird I find that my DU keeps up with my reverse wether I work it or not.

Were those crs peices fbbc or from somewhere else? If they aren't fbbc how close is that stock do you think?

Mike - what's the gripboard limit? I thought that bend went rather poorly, so I should be able to do it a lot faster.

Tim - yes, I did a G8 in IM pads...I have a video of it somewhere, and it went pretty easily. 45 seconds or so. I do think the square hurts the forefingers a lot more than round. I gave up on a couple of previous attempts for that reason, but it seems like I've built up some resistance :D I've still only kinked a bastard in IMP, though, so may be a little optimistic.

I haven't tried DU in a while. I think it's better than my reverse, but not by a whole lot.

All the CRS I've bent is from FBBC.

2 Minutes

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=5558 #9

After you do your Cert bend you will need to contact FrankyBoy with the information. I know you could have gotten it within the time if you would have known. The time limit actually seems to help get the bend because when you hit the metal fast enough, it seems to melt :rock Later :)

2 Minutes

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=5558 #9

After you do your Cert bend you will need to contact FrankyBoy with the information. I know you could have gotten it within the time if you would have known. The time limit actually seems to help get the bend because when you hit the metal fast enough, it seems to melt :rock Later :)

Thanks. I shouldn't have been so lazy and looked up the rules myself :rolleyes

By the way, is there anything specific I need to work on for reverse? You certainly are tactful, but when someone who's bent an Insane reverse says my technique is "interesting" I figure I must be doing something wrong :blush

Nice bends Matt! :rock

When I get back up to strength I'm going to do some bending in IM pads.

Nice bends Matt! :rock

When I get back up to strength I'm going to do some bending in IM pads.

Thanks, and excellent idea :rock It's a whole different game, and I'm loving it :cool

Hi Matt, didn't mean to make you feel like you were doing anything wrong, it is a very good reverse bend, just a bit different than mine. Everyone has their own technique. Any issue would maybe be careful of torquing your right bicep. Keep bending them Man!!! I love this bending sport!!! :rock

Hi Matt, didn't mean to make you feel like you were doing anything wrong, it is a very good reverse bend, just a bit different than mine. Everyone has their own technique. Any issue would maybe be careful of torquing your right bicep. Keep bending them Man!!! I love this bending sport!!! :rock

Just trying to perfect the technique, you know :cool Well, practice makes perfect :dry

Question where can i find G5 bolts?

Is that a 1/4 or 5/16" G5 bolt you bent in the first video?

Edited by rniel

Question where can i find G5 bolts?

Is that a 1/4 or 5/16" G5 bolt you bent in the first video?

Some hardware stores carry grade five bolts, though they seem less common than Grade 2's and 8's, at least at local places around here. That particular bolt was 5"x1/4" and I got it with my bender's bag from FBBC. A 5/16" diameter G5 of any length is well beyond my capability at this point.