Steel Raven

timiacobucci

This is a project that I have been working on for a bit. It is only the frame so far it is not completed at all, I just wanted to show it at this point because allot of it will be covered after this.

I am also playing with video formats and my website setup so tell me if it works and how quickly it loads or if you have any problems with it.

I even put a link to directly download the video for those on dialup that can't stream things well, you should be able download it to your hard drive, however long that may take, and watch it afterwards with no issues. I'm talking to you Tim T.

http://timiacobucci.com/Steel_Raven.html

timiacobucci, your talent is amazing. You really need to display some of your work publicly while showing how you do it, if you haven't already. "The Steel Raven" looks museum worthy to me. :rock :rock :rock

Tim...that's an amazing display of strength and artistic talent!

Great work, man. Please keep sharing!

:blink THAT is very cool Tim, VERY COOL :rock :rock :rock

Very nice creation, Tim!

Thanks allot guys, I still got allot to do on it. I added some more I'll try and get some more pictures as I progress to share with you.

timiacobucci, your talent is amazing. You really need to display some of your work publicly while showing how you do it, if you haven't already. "The Steel Raven" looks museum worthy to me. :rock:rock:rock

Thank you very much for the compliments. I would like to do that someday maybe, I want to have more stuff to show though, and I keep giving away my best stuff. I am always running out of steel too. I think ss stuff would look really cool too but it is $.

Also I could do shows with stuff like Erik does, simpler harder scrolling similar to his inifinity one, but the really comlicated stuff takes a long time and is not fun to watch. I have to do allot of turning and positioning and testing and general fumbling about before I actually make a bend, maybe after I am more experienced I can do medium level stuff without allot of fuss.

I am going to try and start videoing more stuff and putting together a better website for now, maybe once I have a bit of stuff on there and I am more confident I might try and see about something like that. I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here.

WOW Tim that's REALLY awesome!!! Trying some of this stuff the other day really gave me a lot of respect for these completely amazing scrolls you and others do

I got some pictures up on that same website. I filled in the chest and head section a bit more. The wings look skinny and stupid now, haha, gotta get going on that.

WOW Tim that's REALLY awesome!!! Trying some of this stuff the other day really gave me a lot of respect for these completely amazing scrolls you and others do

What were you trying?

I got some pictures up on that same website. I filled in the chest and head section a bit more. The wings look skinny and stupid now, haha, gotta get going on that.

What were you trying?

Nice pics Tim, good luck withy finishing it off I can't wait to see the finished result.

The pics are in my gallery, one was just some scrap steel (1/4" Square HRS x ~3', REALLY easy) and another was pretty hard but just for fun (3/8" x 5' HRS)

Dude, that is really cool man. You are quite talented.

Thanks Jedd. I started some work on the wings. Got a few more pictures up. I really like that last picture.

http://timiacobucci.com/Steel_Raven.html

I'm gonna need allot more of that flat steel. I think that peice was maybe 8'. I thought I could get a wing in 1 shot. Gonna need like 3-4 times that now. I really wish that flat steel wasn't crs, man it is hard trying to get something to stay the way you want it when it's all springy. Doing something complex in stainless is gonna be a BIG pita. You have to overbend it so far to get it to unspring and settle the way you want it, and allot of times with something like that there is just no room to push it farther to overbend it. Hrs - bend, done. What you see is what you get.

I am liking the way that shiny flat steel is looking, maybe I shouldn't paint it, I was planning to paint it all glossy black. What do you guys think?

That looks VERY cool!

The especially liked those feet. Well thought out!

Oh and the video loads fast

:rock:rock

And yes, scrolling with stainless is hopeless.

I found a 1/2" x 4' stainless bar at work which I bent to paralell.

I forced it way past "fish-shape" level, and it would still go back to paralell :whacked

Mats