Some Bending From Today

matthcarl

Here's my aborted attempt to bend a 6.5" red. I wouldn't other posting it, but I did finish it later and in only a few hits...don't know why I got stuck earlier.

6.5" Red (failed attempt)

Next was my 6x1/4 G8 in IM pads...G8 in IM pads

Alsi did a 5" G5 in IM pads...5" G5 in IM pads

Lastly, a reverse vid. Nothing much, but it is a PR...6x1/4 FBBC round

Sorry guys. Those were even worse than I expected, but it was too late to edit the post. I removed two where it was too dark to see anything. I'm going to have to figure out a better setup if things are going to be this bad.

You may not have the videos but it still sounds like you had a good bending session. Well done! :D

I think I told you this before Matt but a good idea would be to do what I do and get a spotlight type thing to brighten up your videos.

Oh and nice bends ;)

Edited by vikingsrule92

Good attempt on the 6,5". Sometimes I just run out gas, and resting a few minutes can make a big difference.

And great job with that G8. Under a minutes aswell so it was good for David Hornes list.

edit- we seem to have about the same bending attributes. Strong kink, relativly "weak" crush and easy time with the IMP. Wich is cool. I'm not alone! :D

Edited by David_wigren

I think I told you this before Matt but a good idea would be to do what I do and get a spotlight type thing to brighten up your videos.

Oh and nice bends

Thanks, Derek...I'll have to see what I can set up.

Good attempt on the 6,5". Sometimes I just run out gas, and resting a few minutes can make a big difference.

And great job with that G8. Under a minutes aswell so it was good for David Hornes list.

edit- we seem to have about the same bending attributes. Strong kink, relativly "weak" crush and easy time with the IMP. Wich is cool. I'm not alone! :D

Thanks. I haven't managed to kink anything big in the IM pads, but I do like them. With any luck I'll also have the "strength" attribute of yours as well :D

Oh and nice bends

Thanks, Derek...I'll have to see what I can set up.

Thanks. I haven't managed to kink anything big in the IM pads, but I do like them. With any luck I'll also have the "strength" attribute of yours as well :D

You'll get there and beyond. You're progressing fast! Getting bigger and faster bends every other week!

You'll get there and beyond. You're progressing fast! Getting bigger and faster bends every other week!

We shall see! I'm getting itchy to see if I can move an edgin :whistel

Great work Matt,Your bending is progressing rapidly :rock ,whats your secret?? spot light of to the side will help,I had the same problem,Just keep it out of the camera view for the sake of our retnas :D

Nice bending session Matt!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Very nice bending. I really like the reverse. I think you'll be doing much bigger stuff in the near future.

Thanks guys!

Sorry Charlie, no secrets. Unless the aliens implanted something, but there's no evidence...

Kevin, your videos helped me figure out the hand position a little better. It's always confused me.

Nice bends man, I had just got a g8 in im pads not long ago myself. It is pretty rough because it is still skinny 1/4" stock with that minimal padding but very strong as well, I still can't get a bastard in IM wraps yet.

Those guys that have been saying just practice with im warps for a few bending sessions and you'll get used to it quick, I call BS. IM wrap bending is very impressive.

Good work on the reverse too, I think it is a real good idea to keep up with that and DU. I can almost get a g8 now reverse, it almost isn't gonna matter trying to get used to the IM wraps if I can kink stuff reverse. I can kink stuff barehand reverse I can't finish DO yet, so IM wraps reverse isn't a problem at all.

Not to mention explosive reverse bends for other people with stock they can't budge really freaks em out more than DO. You can put it right out there and they can see the bend happening clear as day.

As for the edgin, I managed to wobble one and my kink is terrible, I can't even kink a shiny yet which you have done so I'm sure you will move it. That is irritating for me though, I am gonna be able to crush a shiny down before I can start it, once again. I kind of feel envious for you guys with the big kink, the crushdown feels more natural to work on with isos and strengthens quicker, but at least I know a bend is toast once I get it kinked :D .

Nice bends man, I had just got a g8 in im pads not long ago myself. It is pretty rough because it is still skinny 1/4" stock with that minimal padding but very strong as well, I still can't get a bastard in IM wraps yet.

Those guys that have been saying just practice with im warps for a few bending sessions and you'll get used to it quick, I call BS. IM wrap bending is very impressive.

Good work on the reverse too, I think it is a real good idea to keep up with that and DU. I can almost get a g8 now reverse, it almost isn't gonna matter trying to get used to the IM wraps if I can kink stuff reverse. I can kink stuff barehand reverse I can't finish DO yet, so IM wraps reverse isn't a problem at all.

Not to mention explosive reverse bends for other people with stock they can't budge really freaks em out more than DO. You can put it right out there and they can see the bend happening clear as day.

As for the edgin, I managed to wobble one and my kink is terrible, I can't even kink a shiny yet which you have done so I'm sure you will move it. That is irritating for me though, I am gonna be able to crush a shiny down before I can start it, once again. I kind of feel envious for you guys with the big kink, the crushdown feels more natural to work on with isos and strengthens quicker, but at least I know a bend is toast once I get it kinked :D .

Thanks. As for me...I know the bend is finished when I see it under 2" on the ruler and not before :whacked

Very different for me. I have to pretty much be able to kink it effortless to be able to crush it down. The crush feels very unatural for me, and no matter how much I try there just isn't nearly as much force that I'm putting into in the bar. With the kink I can defenetly feel that there is ALOT of more force.

Very different for me. I have to pretty much be able to kink it effortless to be able to crush it down. The crush feels very unatural for me, and no matter how much I try there just isn't nearly as much force that I'm putting into in the bar. With the kink I can defenetly feel that there is ALOT of more force.

Yes, that's pretty much how I feel, and it is borne out by my videos :blush

OK mr. 10" spike unbraced, I felt like my shoulders were gonna pop out trying to work up to hard 7" stock. I think flexibilty is a big thing on the kink. And you are certainly not lacking in crushing power, you have crushed a shiny so your weakest area is still stronger than my strongest. I am scared to think what you would be capable of if you were able to crush with ALOT more force.

What is the biggest thing you have kinked?

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread Matt. But it is pretty relevant to your 6.5 bend too. I think isos are a great way to develope a more natural feel for something that feels awkward, at least for me. Seriosly try a valve spring, it really teaches you how to crush very well.

OK mr. 10" spike unbraced, I felt like my shoulders were gonna pop out trying to work up to hard 7" stock. I think flexibilty is a big thing on the kink. And you are certainly not lacking in crushing power, you have crushed a shiny so your weakest area is still stronger than my strongest. I am scared to think what you would be capable of if you were able to crush with ALOT more force.

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread Matt. But it is pretty relevant to your 6.5 bend too. I think isos are a great way to develope a more natural feel for something that feels awkward, at least for me. Seriosly try a valve spring, it really teaches you how to crush very well.

Yes it is very much a flexibility thing. With good flexibility you get to crush it at the same time where you are able to use wrist supination. With less flexibility I imagine that a lot of the chest is not getting utilized on 7" length. The biggest peice I've kinked was a 7" big G8 done 2 days ago. Got a couple of degrees on that. But if I ever get to bend it fully I imagine that it would take me a loooooong time to get my crush up to that point. Isos for the crush is good but has yet to do me any wonders.

Crushing down a shiny is still about my max. Some times I get it and some times I dont. And I've done that thing with IMP for christ sake

And by the way what is a valve spring?

Edited by David_wigren

Yes it is very much a flexibility thing. With good flexibility you get to crush it at the same time where you are able to use wrist supination. With less flexibility I imagine that a lot of the chest is not getting utilized on 7" length. The biggest peice I've kinked was a 7" big G8 done 2 days ago. Got a couple of degrees on that. But if I ever get to bend it fully I imagine that it would take me a loooooong time to get my crush up to that point. Isos for the crush is good but has yet to do me any wonders.

Crushing down a shiny is still about my max. Some times I get it and some times I dont. And I've done that thing with IMP for christ sake

http://home.earthlink.net/~bubbaf250/graph...51M_head_03.jpg

good bends and godd attempt on the 6.5 red, crushing down on hard grippers could help ur crush. I only have a coc 1-2-3 so nothing super hard for two hands, but i think im gonna train my crush by taping all three together, just an idea in case u dont have a BB WC haha

Edited by TKtheGreek

good bends and godd attempt on the 6.5 red, crushing down on hard grippers could help ur crush. I only have a coc 1-2-3 so nothing super hard for two hands, but i think im gonna train my crush by taping all three together, just an idea in case u dont have a BB WC haha

Thanks. The 3 is my hardest gripper as well, and I've thought of using multiple grippers before for chest crushes, but didn't tape them. I think I tried the 3 and the 1, and it just felt awkward.

Actually, my crush does seem to be improving just with practice. My first bastard on video took the whole five minutes, but the more recent one I did for a cert was under a minute. The red wasn't hard to finish once I went back to it either...I guess I just hit a bad patch and ran out of steam.

Right now the hardest thing seems to be getting short bars through the sweep to where I can crush them.

The biggest peice I've kinked was a 7" big G8 done 2 days ago.

Holy damn, I guess you do have a big gap between kink and crush. Still though it's pretty straight forward to progress though that bend once you have the kink started.

Yes it is very much a flexibility thing. With good flexibility you get to crush it at the same time where you are able to use wrist supination. With less flexibility I imagine that a lot of the chest is not getting utilized on 7" length.

Seriously, it feels like I'm trying to front lever the 2 ends. I bet I could kink a 6" shiny to near 90 degrees, I feel 100 percent more comfortable at that range. I just don't want to even try it when I can't even finish crushing a 7" yet.

Well you got Zach's picture, it is the thing in an engine that holds the valves shut, or against the camshaft when they are opened. Most stock ones aren't that strong, I've got a set of 16 race springs that tested to 725 lbs fully closed. I only need 1.

I can send some out to people that want em, all I would ask is shipping. And that you can use em. There are 3 springs, I can only get just the outer halfway closed. So you gotta be crushing at least a red to even wiggle just the outer spring. They are awesome for isos though.

Thanks. The 3 is my hardest gripper as well, and I've thought of using multiple grippers before for chest crushes, but didn't tape them. I think I tried the 3 and the 1, and it just felt awkward.

I've done a 2.5 + 3. It is weird, I much prefer the valve spring.

Actually, my crush does seem to be improving just with practice. My first bastard on video took the whole five minutes, but the more recent one I did for a cert was under a minute. The red wasn't hard to finish once I went back to it either...I guess I just hit a bad patch and ran out of steam.

Right now the hardest thing seems to be getting short bars through the sweep to where I can crush them.

I seriously think training crush on springy stuff is very advantageous.

I have found the sweep gets easier as your crush improves, it is just a transition period between the kink which is mostly wrist strength to the crush which is mostly chest power. You already have the kink good so it is probably just the progression into using more chest that is slowing you up, try some crush isos before a big bend, that will activate your chest and crushing muscles and you will be ready as you move into the sweep. Crushing some easier bends in warmup isn't going to prepare you for a hard crush on a hard bend.

4 those haveing trouble in the crush prekinked stainless and prekinked edgins and big g8s and a couple of springs is all you need nothing fancy then just keep hitting theses daily and all of a sudden your alot stronger.

CRS will never offer a crush like the above unless its 3/8 or above or some big O-1 drillrod because if you have a big kink then youve already done the hardest part with crs the heat and speed help kill it the rest of the way with the stainless,big drill rod and edgins and g8s you dont have the heat build up thats why its harder to crush so working alot more with these things will may you a better bender.

Springs are great 4 carrying around and just bang a few isos here and there and they can be placed anywhere in the hands which helps you to find your ideal power transfer also you dont need just huge poundage ones sometimes i just sit with a weak spring and just compress and hold then back off then compress again and so on and so on sometimes for a 1/2-1hr it really helps you focus on your pushing/crushing muscles and i like to tense up the whole upper body and hit these and relax and so on it also helps build endurance in the crushing muscles.