How Do I Integrate Grip Training With My Other Training

daftlad

Been overtraining lateley and this has meant a lot of sleepless nights. I decided to take a week off and will continue training tomorrow.

My question is how does one work the other body parts 3 times per week And train grip 2 times per week And keep the fat levels down with 3 aerobics per week and not go into overtrain mode.

Would a supplement help as i take none at the minute.

Would love some different ideas from you people.

thanks in advance

(sleepless nights are not recommended ) :(

Focus on a primary activity for a few months while keeping the others from regressing by doing a small amount of the non-focus activities.

IMO, unless one is already quite strong, the best results will be seen from making full body strength first priority and performing one or two grip exercises at the end of each strength workout.

Scott has good advice I will say this I Armwrestle, Bend , Grip, and Weight training. I can not train all of these all out there's no way if I have a Armwrestling toury I focus on that if I have a bending goal I focus on that you get the point. That does'nt mean I give up the rest I just back off and go lighter on the rest. You need to decide what your goal's and work from there hope this help's. :D

Scott has good advice I will say this I Armwrestle, Bend , Grip, and Weight training. I can not train all of these all out there's no way if I have a Armwrestling toury I focus on that if I have a bending goal I focus on that you get the point. That does'nt mean I give up the rest I just back off and go lighter on the rest. You need to decide what your goal's and work from there hope this help's. :D

You are probably strong enough and experienced enough to get away with this. I myself (being a weak-wristed pansy) needed to build up a little more wrist strength. As always, I recommend David Horne's first workout for beginners. It is (luckily for me) childishly simple and I think it helps create a base of wrists strength. It is pinned in the Grip FAQ section and I still do it, or part of it almost every workout. It just consists of wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, and finger curls, as well and plate pinch-and-hold. The details of the exercises are explained in the original post Here.

Moderation is the key if trying to do all of it at once. Something like 2 whole body workouts with a few minutes of grip at the end. Do cardio on the same day you train if possible as you need more days OUT of the gym to recover.

Won't be "optimum" for any one thing; meaning strength/cardio/grip, but will get you into good shape with decent strength levels. Once there pick one thing to focus on, such as grip, and put the other 2 things into more of a maintenance mode, then push grip harder for a while.

Hi. Try to cut down full-body workouts to 2 per week instead of 3. Do you hit the same muscle group 2 times per week or 3? I used to hit same muscle group 3 times per week and I started finding myself overtrained. Now I work on same body part twice per week, one Heavy and one Light workout. I do grip twice a week also. If you post your body and grip workouts, people might give you a better advice on how to incorporate everything into an optimal weekly workout routine. I don't know too much about supplements, but I take protein powder to help with muscle recovery and multi-vitamins.