Shot Loading Equipment

MRabich

A lot of products these days are offered in this fashion. Your experieces, how easy is it to load? Also I googled, I haven't been able to see the prices on lead that is used for this purpose. What is a good price per pound of lead (unless you know better / cheaper material). Also once you load a bell, is it possible to deload it?

I have a PDA Blobette which I am quite happy with. I use #8 lead shot which was an expensive 2$ per pound. I can find lead ingot for 1$ per pound but I would have to make shot out of it. I have read that one can get wheel weights for free but I never tried; but I find it hard to believe that anyone would give lead away free. I think the smaller the shot the better as you will have a denser fill. Some melt the lead and pour it in to get 100% fill. Deloading is easy but I think the last few ounces of lead might get trapped by the lip of the fill hole.

no i dont have one but i worked near a steel mill once and if the hole in it are 3/4 or an inch round you can take a big magnet and get tons of iron ore for free that falls off the trains on the railroad track it is odd round shapes but small enough to fit in loadable stuff