Elbow Pain

Ryan G

I'm having trouble with the tendon that runs along the outside or backside of my elbow.

Are there any streching movements or exercises I can do to get this through this?

It hurts when I do static holds like armwrestling or anytime I try to do a negative while doing chin-up and pull-ups.

I've had pain in my right elbow also. It hurt when I was doing barbell curls and overhead tricep exercises. You probably got it from improper exercise execution or an excessive stress on the muscle/tendon/ligament.

Happened to me around a month ago. Had to do the hardest thing of "training around it" or just backing off a bit for a few weeks.

I've trained light to sort of keep in shape, and didn't do anything that caused the elbow any pain.

Seems to have helped, feels 'almost 100%' now... Good luck.. Injuries suck...

I also had in my left elbow I trained around it toke a couple month's to go away completely rest is the best try putting a neoprene sleeve on it to keep the tendon warm when you workout. You can find them at any sporting good's store. :D

Guest NailBender
I'm having trouble with the tendon that runs along the outside or backside of my elbow.

Are there any streching movements or exercises I can do to get this through this?

Hello Ryan,

Unfortunately you're experiencing the major problem when starting out in arm wrestling.

It's tendonitis, plain and simple. The best advice that I can give you is after each session do what they

call an ice massage. Take a styrofoam drinking cup, fill it with water, stick in the freezer and let it freeze.

When frozen, take and cut the bottom out about 2 inches up and now massage that tendon until numb

(about 2 minutes). Each time after you train, massage the tendon.

It takes time but each time the tendon heals, pull a little more and eventually it will not bother you.

Each time you let it heal and start pulling again the tendon gets stronger.

Just so you'll know, it takes a tendon about 3 times as long to heal as a muscle. If I was you I would limit

my pulling to once a week.

Get yourself some Lifeline cables and do simulated arm wrestling moves. This will help tremendously.

Hope this help.

BTW, I was a competitive arm wrestler from 1979-1994. I took 2nd in the 1991 AAA Stand-Up Nationals

in Houston, Texas in mens 90kg. class. I no longer compete but don't mind sharing info. to people new to the sport.

I know what you're feeling, I promise.

Joe Musselwhite (NailBender)

NailBender,

Great advice.....Now get your butt back in the sport and come to the USAF Nationals in Salt lake City. See the link below for all info.

NailBender,

Great advice.....Now get your butt back in the sport and come to the USAF Nationals in Salt lake City. See the link below for all info.

i 2nd that your missing alot of fun :D