Almost Got It

Justin Reagan

Almost got it! Started the first one...got it down to 90 deg pretty quick, but got stuck...after 15 min, went on to something else. Hit a 7"x3/8" 307A (not as tough as I was thinking...can't read the symbol under 307A on the head...still harder than regular 7"x5/16" fbbc stock, though). Started another 6"...again got it down to 90 deg in a couple minutes. I worked on it for about 20 min...got it down to 2 1/4" , but it just wouldn't go farther. I guess it will be finished another day.

I also punched myself in the jaw when trying a 7"x5/16" (my hand slipped)...I kinked it about 1.5"+ (maybe closer to 2") off center. Didn't get more than a 20 deg kink because of this. It really looked strange. This is when I decided to try the second 6".

I also tried some small pad bending. I haven't got any leather thick enough for 2x2 pads yet, so I decided to cut my thinner leather to 3.5" x 2"--maybe this would be close to the feel. I did a few G2's, but decided to stick with that for now.

Justin

Edited by Justin Reagan

Keep working on the Huge Bastard man it will give up your diffently putting in the effort!

You'll get it soon, I'm sure. I can't get one much past 90 before they get stuck either.

Great efforts

I have some 2x2 hand pads. email me if you need some.

I respect you for working to use smaller pads. I think some people use way too much padding. It acts like a pipe on the end of the bar. When your bending 5/16CRS with 2x2 pads your ready for some really tough stuff.

Adam