1/4 Square Stainless 6''

big nasty

I bought this 1/4 square stainless at a scrap metal yard on Friday. Did a few warm up's cut a piece 6'' I have never tried square stainless before so I did'nt know what to expect. I went threw it pretty quick crushed it down to 1'' also I tried to bend on the flat side but it bent on the edge am I jazzed for nothing ?

If it was that easy it was probably 304, not as hard as FBBC's Stainless Square but it's hard to say. Still a damn good bend, probably a little easier than a FBBC 6" Square if it's 304, if 304 then it's between a 6" Square and a Huge Bastard

The 6" ss sq I bent was harder than a bastard by a little bit. Square stock twists as it bends. I've started a number of pieces on the flat side and as they go through the sweep they twist onto the edge. Some all the way and some have a minor slant.

Thank's Derek and Zach I am still pretty new at this just exploring different steel. I like stainless it feel's good to bend to me for some reason. I think maybe it is the spring in it. I am also looking for stuff in between the Huge and the Grand.

Edited by big nasty

I don't know, I tried some stainless square from FBBC today and din't think it was that tough. If you got the huge bastard that easily, I don't think 6" 303 stainless would be much of a problem.

I don't know, I tried some stainless square from FBBC today and din't think it was that tough. If you got the huge bastard that easily, I don't think 6" 303 stainless would be much of a problem.

Theres a world of difference betwween a huge bastard and a huge shiny bastard the lists also reflect that dont underestimate the cutdown shinys much tougher than the 1/4inch square stainless.

Theres a world of difference betwween a huge bastard and a huge shiny bastard the lists also reflect that dont underestimate the cutdown shinys much tougher than the 1/4inch square stainless.

I think he was talking about the 1/4" Square gazza, at least I'd hope he was because you're definitely right about Shinys and bastards