Long Bar Scrolling Work

AdamTGlass

Anyone who does scrolling here-

I have been working on my flat bar twist for a while, which is hit and miss. the steel runs long on the twist and it hasn't looked to good yet. I did a fairly good bar today, pics up on my blog www.adamtglass.blogspot.com

Anyways- if any one here does any flat bar scrolling, do you ever twist it? if so, what technique are you using to achieve it?

Adam

That is pretty cool scroll, what were the dimensions?

For twisting I think there are different kinds, the 2 primary ways that I have done it are making a U then pulling one side back up straight and back to 180 in the opposite plane the U was in. This is the twist in Erik's infiniti scroll or the 2 twists in this one I did

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6842

The other I have used is to put 2 90 degree bends on 2 sides of a longer stretch and crank one end around in circles while bracing the other. Where you place the bar and how you crank it are very relative to how long and how strong the bar your bending is. Just play around with different positions, that is the cool thing about scrolling, it can turn into a completely different type of workout working different muscles at different positions on every scroll.

I used that second method allot in this scroll

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6794

Thats kind of twist is what gives it that curly ribbon sort of look I think.

That is pretty cool scroll, what were the dimensions?

For twisting I think there are different kinds, the 2 primary ways that I have done it are making a U then pulling one side back up straight and back to 180 in the opposite plane the U was in. This is the twist in Erik's infiniti scroll or the 2 twists in this one I did

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6842

The other I have used is to put 2 90 degree bends on 2 sides of a longer stretch and crank one end around in circles while bracing the other. Where you place the bar and how you crank it are very relative to how long and how strong the bar your bending is. Just play around with different positions, that is the cool thing about scrolling, it can turn into a completely different type of workout working different muscles at different positions on every scroll.

I used that second method allot in this scroll

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6794

Thats kind of twist is what gives it that curly ribbon sort of look I think.

this one was 12'X5/16"X1" I am going to work in three twists on the next one, one after each big loop, I have the plan in my mind, i just need to put it to work.

Erik makes his scroll with 8'X3/8"X1" :blink and those rolls he does are tight. I have ways to go on that.

Saw the picture on your blog, that scroll looks pretty good to me. Good job adam. :)

I agree and like the unbraced bending and horseshoes your killing you will be doing the same with the braced bending and scrolling keep it up mate your getting well rounded in bending and can go all the way its only you who will stop you.

Adam -

Solid work on that scroll, your hard work and dedication has not gone unnoticed. I've never done any long bar bending, so it's always impressive to me.

First time I've been to your blog too...it's money.

Ya Erik's 3/8" infiniti is pretty bad ass. I am not gonna try it because it is his scroll, but I'm pretty sure I could get it most of the way, the end part looks pretty tricky, and I have ripped open enough flesh and finger nails doing awkward manuevers scrolling already.

I do want to see how well I can coil some 1/2" x 1" though, twisting against that 1 1/4" on the 3/8" bar was nuts, I actually think twisting the 1/2" x 1" might be easier. The hardest part of twisiting that 1 1/4" though was trying to balance it over my thigh while pushing against it, having one heavy ass end swingin and bouncin around all unbalanced on one end was very irritating. I might have a much better time of it just putting one twist in one short peice.

Does anyone know what the biggest pretzel that has been done is? I want to try a 5/8" pretezel, I think that would be pretty bad ass.

Adam did you use either of the methods I described for twisting or something different?

Opening the U one takes allot of practice and control to form it well, just go slow and step back and look again while you are doing it, you can tell where and how it is bending if you pay attention with the long stuff. I have never done it but it might help to mark it in a few places to see the amount of twist going down each end if you have the center marked and 2 points equidistant from the center.

Edited by timiacobucci