A Suggestion On Filling Loadables

oscar4883

I tried to find the previous thread but was not ver successful. With shot and everything else being so expensive I thought I would relay a more cost effective way to get some material for filling things. If you Google "muzzleloading round ball molds" you will come up with a vast selection of hand molds for casting the lead balls used in muzzleloaders. Lynaman sells some for 25 bucks that cast two at a time. They come in all diferent sizes.

I remember when my Father was casting he could fill up a cool-whip sized bowl in about an hour. We had a used coleman stove from a yardsale just for this. You will also need a cast iron pot to heat the lead in and a small ladle. Same place that they sell the molds will have the ladle. I used to bring home wheel weights from work by the bucket load. Heat them up and scoop of the junk. Poor it in the mold and your done. Just something to think about. Hope this helps some of you guys.

Why not just weigh the lead say you have 100lbs split it in 2x50lbs loads melt one and pour into 1 end then do the same with the other once the lead sets in the inch replica it will behave like an inch then you can micro load it say melt 1lbs at a time or more you will eventuallt get upto the inch and beyondthis is what i plan on doing with my inch replicas lead is expensive here but it will be worth it.

Why not just weigh the lead say you have 100lbs split it in 2x50lbs loads melt one and pour into 1 end then do the same with the other once the lead sets in the inch replica it will behave like an inch then you can micro load it say melt 1lbs at a time or more you will eventuallt get upto the inch and beyondthis is what i plan on doing with my inch replicas lead is expensive here but it will be worth it.

I posted this as a way to re-use what you already made. Or as a way to micro-load something. It was not directed at the inch loadable in particular, but anyhting you would want to fill and have it be adjustable.

A lot of people use BB's you can buy them at Walmart for a couple of bucks for small weight adjustments. For something larger (kettlebell or inch) i would second the idea to add lead