Horse Shoes And Spike Bends

David_wigren

Added theese to youtube yesterday.

I had some of the shinier easy batch of FBBC spikes at 12". I cut one down to 10" and 8" to test the strength of them.

After I tried the DC1 horseshoe, and that one went down surprisingly easy. Tried the DC2 and got it to 90 degrees.

Here are the bends:

Cut down shinier FBBC spike 10"

Cut down shinier FBBC spike 8"

DC1 horseshoe bend

DC2 horseshoe bend to 90

Thank you

Awesome job on those bends. You make those shiny spikes look pretty easy. Do you think it would be possible to bend one unbraced at 7"?

Thanks Takahashi and Matt!!

Awesome job on those bends. You make those shiny spikes look pretty easy. Do you think it would be possible to bend one unbraced at 7"?

Yes I've bent a 7" of thoose unbraced. About the strength of an Edgin.

After theese bends I consider the shiny ones to be way easier than the dull or grey ones. I will try one of the grey ones at 10" later and see how I do. Last time I tried it didn't go so well. I always need 2 attempts to finish it :angry:

Thanks

Edited by David_wigren

Bent some more today

DC2 way past 90 almost 180. About 10 minutes after I bent it fully past 180.

10" FBBC spike of the grey hard ones

Also tried one of the darker dull spikes at 8" and managed to kink it to about 5 degrees

great job David!! Those 10" spikes from the hard batch are insane!! :bow:rock:bow:rock

Awesome Bends David :rock I really like the shoes and hard spike :rock:rock

Great bends David!!!!!! congrats!!!!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock

Wow man, awesome job, especially on the hard 10" spike and the big shoe.

How do you feel the hard 10" compares to the easy 8"? And have you done any griprites to compare the easy ones to?

Great job David!! You're makin' those spikes melt like butter! I agree with the shiny spikes being way easier than the dulls. I bent some 12'' spikes last week, shiny and dull, and there was a pretty big difference in strength. You are you way more flexible than me! I couldn't imagine getting something that long up that high. 7'' is my max DO. Congrats on some great bends buddy!! :mosher

Very well done :rock

Thanks everyone!

Tim. I would claim the grey one at 10" was way harder than 8" of the shinier one. With the 10" I really had to give it my all. The 8" one was pretty easy. Don't know anything about the griprites. But someone said that the griprite was actually stronger than the shinier one

Jeremiah. Yes I never had any problems with my flexibility. I could try and bend a easy 10" FBBC spike unbraced if you liked and post a vid of that. I have one left :D I'll defenetly try it if people want to see that

Sure man please do it! I have problem with 7" and you are dong 10" :D

Thanks guys. I tried the 10" unbraced and it was trickier than I thought it would be. And for whatever reason was really hard to crush down. My pads was not working with me on the final crush down, it actually got easier by removing the pads and crushing it down bare handed.

Easy shiny FBBC spike at 10" unbraced

That's awesome. It might be hopeless, but I think I'm going to try one at 8".

Really awesome bends David,Man your on fire lately Bro.Great work. :rock :rock :rock :rock

Holy flexibility batman! I don't even think I could hold a 10" peice that high up, let alone actually apply any force to it.

You are the best man :rock I only WISH to do that. I struggle with a 7", let alone a 10". I think this bend should be added to FBBC list with unbraced written to it :mosher

You are the best man :rock I only WISH to do that. I struggle with a 7", let alone a 10". I think this bend should be added to FBBC list with unbraced written to it :mosher

I fully agree absolutely SUPERB DO Style spike bend there aint nothing DO Style you cannot bend with that flexibility and mindset :rock:rock:bow:bow

the horseshoes and other spikes were great as well your doing great mate keep it up "NO LIMITS"

Friggin' awesome bend David!!! :rock:blink :blink :blink

Thanks guys. I tried the 10" unbraced and it was trickier than I thought it would be. And for whatever reason was really hard to crush down. My pads was not working with me on the final crush down, it actually got easier by removing the pads and crushing it down bare handed.

Wow whee! Superb! But was that your wraps or your shoulder joints making all that creaking noise? :laugh

I did an 8" Edgin double overhand once and found it to be tougher than the 7 incher. A 10" spike has got to feel very weird. It takes a lot of wrist action to get it started, right?

Wow whee! Superb! But was that your wraps or your shoulder joints making all that creaking noise? :laugh

I did an 8" Edgin double overhand once and found it to be tougher than the 7 incher. A 10" spike has got to feel very weird. It takes a lot of wrist action to get it started, right?

It looked like it flexed almost everytime he hit it!!! I don't know if that's a feat of kink strength, flexibility, shoulder strength or what but it is certainly a FEAT DAVID!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock