Race To Anything!

matthcarl

The recent races to the Mag and Shiny were interesting, and I thought that maintaining a little friendly competition going might help keep us fired up. Therefore, I propose the race to anything.

I don't know if anyone out there is at my level, but I am currently focusing on the Huge Bastard, but here are some races I'm game for:

Huge

Grand

Hex

Golden

Shiny

5" G8

Red Nail Cert

SCF Polo1

DC 0,1,2

Alternatively, I'd be up for a different kind of challenge with someone far beyond my level. Jeremiah, want to see if I can bend the Shiny before you get the KOAB? :D

It's just for fun. No one needs to get hurt. :cool

The recent races to the Mag and Shiny were interesting, and I thought that maintaining a little friendly competition going might help keep us fired up. Therefore, I propose the race to anything.

I don't know if anyone out there is at my level, but I am currently focusing on the Huge Bastard, but here are some races I'm game for:

Huge

Grand

Hex

Golden

Shiny

5" G8

Red Nail Cert

SCF Polo1

DC 0,1,2

Alternatively, I'd be up for a different kind of challenge with someone far beyond my level. Jeremiah, want to see if I can bend the Shiny before you get the KOAB? :D

It's just for fun. No one needs to get hurt. :cool

Your on!

You have potential to break through and smash a shiny quick my friend.

i will throw in my personal race to a 5/16X7 bolt, i bought some today, i am going out to fire up on it. We will see what happens :angry:

Edited by SSGGLASS

Excellent. Zach, I think the horseshoe is a lost cause for me. I think you have me DO, too, but I've been practicing.

Adam...I'm waiting for my shiny's to come, but I seriously doubt I'll do more than warp one anytime soon. The Edgin is way out on the horizon for me, but there must be a few others ready to give it a run.

Big G5 in IMP :blush . How long can we have this race?

As soon as I get some more G5 bolts I'll test how I perform on them. And if I can kink it at all I would like to race.( I attempted one that had a prekink of a couple of mm and may have bent it one mm further. But I might just have measured it wrong at the time)

Right now I feel that a 6" shiny is way, way beyond my ability. The crush on that is gonna take me a lot of training to get. But I'm not the type to back down from any challange :cool

i will throw in my personal race to a 5/16X7 bolt, i bought some today, i am going out to fire up on it. We will see what happens :angry:

Well, I guess that didn't turn out to be much of a race :rolleyes

Id be in for the 5.5 G8 but i have to order some 1st.....

Edited by Bossie308

Alright i will race towards KOAB. this will will take some time, so i think thats a funner contest

- What are you putting on the table, you need to make it harder than a grand bastard, or something shiny or hex, because i think your close to a huge right now.

Alright i will race towards KOAB. this will will take some time, so i think thats a funner contest

- What are you putting on the table, you need to make it harder than a grand bastard, or something shiny or hex, because i think your close to a huge right now.

I'm in for the race toward The KOAB. That would be interesting. According to my observation, I would guess that you and I are pretty much on the exact same level at this moment.

Others can jump in too.

I will report back here every now and then to report my progress on it. I can start right now by telling that so far after numerous attempts I'm up to a 2 mm kink (measured by pushing down one side and se how much the other sticks up)

You have - What are you putting on the table, you need to make it harder than a grand bastard, or something shiny or hex, because i think your close to a huge right now.

Makes sense. I'll 'race' to anything I haven't bent yet, but the Huge is probably not worth it. The hex or shiny is a better goal and won't be over in a day or two. Plus I'm looking forward to trying the golden bastard. I ordered some from John, and I think I should at least be able to kink it if it really does only calibrate at 480.

You have - What are you putting on the table, you need to make it harder than a grand bastard, or something shiny or hex, because i think your close to a huge right now.

Makes sense. I'll 'race' to anything I haven't bent yet, but the Huge is probably not worth it. The hex or shiny is a better goal and won't be over in a day or two. Plus I'm looking forward to trying the golden bastard. I ordered some from John, and I think I should at least be able to kink it if it really does only calibrate at 480.

Lets make it clear though, NEW HEX!!! The real tough stuff :)

Lets make it clear though, NEW HEX!!! The real tough stuff :)

I'm ready :cool

Update: I tried a golden bastard today and got it to 2.5" after a long battle. I thought it kinked very easily, but that last half inch just would not go despite another five minutes trying. Pretty much the story of my bending. More isos for me...

I'll try to post some edited video if you want to see pain and suffering. After the kink it gets pretty boring.

Just out of curiosity, for those who have done both, is the shiny easier to kink than the new hard hex?

Great attempt Matt! The Goldens are very neat. I like the way they're easy on the kink and then ramp up just enough on the crushdown to give you a good workout. But not too much of a ramp up like the Stainless...although the Stainless is something I'm still fond of.

Thanks guys. It was a lot more pliable than my first few dozen bastard attempts, and unless someone jumps in the golden race real soon I have a good feeling about it. :cool

Thanks guys. It was a lot more pliable than my first few dozen bastard attempts, and unless someone jumps in the golden race real soon I have a good feeling about it. :cool

I did a golden earlier this week, i was suprised by how easy it was. the video is on my youtube page.

How tough is the 1/2 inch golden??

I did a golden earlier this week, i was suprised by how easy it was. the video is on my youtube page.

Did you see Eric's calibration thread? He couldn't calibrate it and thinks it would go over 1,000 lbs.

The kink is hard because of the thickness then it moves pretty quick to past the 90degrees then it ramps up and your in a world of hurt really hurts the shoulders but then again my brass is

clint Eastwood no name stock so its probably easy compared to other stuff was hard for me at the time tho.

Why don't you try one and find out? ;):cool

I posted it elsewhere, but the first of my mersonal races is over...I finished the Golden bastard today. Onward and upward! The Huge is my main short term goal right now, bt there's plenty more to bend. I might as well add a few more personal goals for the next few weeks, even if they aren't real "races"

5.5" Square

5" Square

5"x5/16 G2

5.5" G8

7" - 5" Stainless Square

5" G5 in IM pads

6" G8 in IM pads

6"x5/16 G2 in IM pads

7" square in IM pads

The Hex and Shiny are still on the horizon, but I think they are at least "this year" goals.

I posted it elsewhere, but the first of my mersonal races is over...I finished the Golden bastard today. Onward and upward! The Huge is my main short term goal right now, bt there's plenty more to bend. I might as well add a few more personal goals for the next few weeks, even if they aren't real "races"

5.5" Square

5" Square

5"x5/16 G2

5.5" G8

7" - 5" Stainless Square

5" G5 in IM pads

6" G8 in IM pads

6"x5/16 G2 in IM pads

7" square in IM pads

The Hex and Shiny are still on the horizon, but I think they are at least "this year" goals.

No, you should be able to do it faster if you sticked with it. Believe me, I trained hard this last two weeks and went from isos (not moving at all) on a 8mm stainless to bending one in 10 minutes. My last year was a joke. You can read my log and see I trained at max 2 times a month. Just stick with it and a grand hex will fall this year for sure :rock

No, you should be able to do it faster if you sticked with it. Believe me, I trained hard this last two weeks and went from isos (not moving at all) on a 8mm stainless to bending one in 10 minutes. My last year was a joke. You can read my log and see I trained at max 2 times a month. Just stick with it and a grand hex will fall this year for sure :rock

Thanks. We shall see. No Limits. :cool