Arm Wrestling Match At School

darthsith19

So I am an arm wrestling champion at my school. Instead of being known for being a star football player or track runner, I am known for my arm wrestling abilities. This junior named David, who is about 70 lbs. heavier than I am, beat me. I know that I didn't use back pressure,. because I was overconfident (he had told me prior to the match that he thought I was going to kill him so). Any other suggestions that anybody has would be great. Here is a video of the match, I'm on the left. He didn't want to go left-handed cause he know I would win left handed. :cool

Edited by Josh H

to me you have your elbow way out from your body and if it was me i would try to bring it in as tight to my body as i could on the set up.

im with robert your whole body was too open keep your arm closer next time he didn't beat you too bad .

You already know the answer. Use back pressure. Pull him towards your body and get him extended just like you were extended.

Also grab the edge of the table with you Left hand. This will stabilize you much better and you will be able to pull much harder.

Good Luck

Thanks everybody... you may have noticed that at the end he started pushing on the edge of the table with his left hand. We hadn't discussed whether or not that was allowed before we went. Next time do you reckon we should say that it isn't allowed or should we say that it is allowed (in that case I would of course do it, too).

It should be allowed. On a real table there is a peg to hold. So it would be more like a real table.

Plus make sure to keep you feet in front of you and spread a little apart. It also gives you better stability. Remember that in order to PULL with your upper body, your Lower body should be PUSHING. So push forward and towards the right with your feet when you are pulling Right Handed because you are pulling Back and to the left.

Now go whoop his butt. :rock

Edited by bob brown

My friend and I started an armwrestling club at our school, so this is no unfamiliar site for me lol. But anyway, He is obviously stronger than you in the hook so follow the advice given above and add a lot of back pressure to him. I have a feeling that if you do a top roll then people will think you cheated. I have had people accuse me of cheating becuase I used a top roll. So pull into your body and try not to get stretched out like you were, cause then he'll be able to put that extra 70lbs worth of weight on you. :D

Edited by Aftershock

Alright... I would do the toproll if I were better at it, if anyone accused me of cheating well people have said I cheated when I bent my wrist, too. David (the other guy) wouldn't think I cheated I'm sure he's a cool dude. I will definitely use a ton of back pressure though.

Eurodancer, I don't own a strap.

Alright... I would do the toproll if I were better at it, if anyone accused me of cheating well people have said I cheated when I bent my wrist, too.

if they say you cheat:

tell them you won't AW any weaker only because his wrist is weak, and that they should see a professional match to learn the rules and not what the invented.

kick his a$$

Jonathan

Edited by PanterA_jonathan

Yeah it looks like it I had seen that but mine came up once too so.

So the kid was sick last week on Friday when we were originally going to have the rematch and he says he's still sick and doesn't know if he wants to go tomorrow... we'll see if he does it or not.

Well it happened. He beat me right handed, but I beat him left handed. Yesn I did use back-pressuree, his right arm was just so strong and he is way to heavy, I was putting ym weight on it and he still got me. Video TBP.

Well it happened. He beat me right handed, but I beat him left handed. Yesn I did use back-pressuree, his right arm was just so strong and he is way to heavy, I was putting ym weight on it and he still got me. Video TBP.

well you gave it your best theres always room to improve even bob brown and John brzenk lose every once in a while ;) and a big weight jump is hard to overcome

Yeah I know, II got a good start, too, right handed and he even said I had him at first. I thought I was going to take him, this is just the first 2-3 seconds that I'm referring to. But then he got his arm back to his body, and mine away from mine, then used his weight to defeat me. I knew as he was pulling me back that once he got me over there I was done for, so I tried so hard to stop him... my face looks kinda funny in the video. After he got me to his side then it was just a slow descent of my arm.

So then I said "Left handed, right now!" He said no, but everybody started yelling at us to go left handed so he had no choice. I beat him pretty quickly and efficiently there. The first time we arm wrestled I wanted to go left handed afterwards, too, but he said no cause I would beat him.

It turns out this guy David has been arm wrestling (and beating) this huge guy named Chris like everyday in 6th hour, too. And he told me that he hadn't been practicing...

I'm so freakin old... I can't believe technology now makes it possible to film and then post lunchroom AW matches :rock