50lbs (100/) Block Weight Arrived Today

AdamTGlass

Holy smokes! :blink

I got a 50 block from Dan P. This thing is so wide.

the next size down i own is a 42 1/2 (85/) is there any way to train up to this 50 block without buying an inbetween weight?

Thoughts or opinions?

-Adam

Edited by SSGGLASS

How big are your hands? It doesn't make a huge difference unless your hands are 7 1/4" or less like mine :D You could hang weights off the 42 1/2 and lift it that way or get magnetic plates.

Holy smokes! :blink

I got a 50 block from Dan P. This thing is so wide.

the next size down i own is a 42 1/2 (85/) is there any way to train up to this 50 block without buying an inbetween weight?

Thoughts or opinions?

-Adam

Adam, if it has hammertone paint-remove it, then it should be a lot easier to find some texture and lift it.

Otherwise, do a lot of negatives, OH assists, and mini-tramp or cushion bounces.

I have one from Dan as well. The thing is a monster. I can't lift it, but I figure it's still useful for negs and getting used to hving the weight in your hand.

odin is right he is real hot right now on block weights i took my paint off with remover and rubbed sand on it to get it all then chalk it up or spray a light coat very light my fingers just go over the edge too its going to be a hard one to lift but jed would play with the thing http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=13558 the video does not work maybe jed can fix it

I trained to lift them by doing an assisted lift and holding until it fell. I would do that 15-20 times in a workout and it didn't take long. Removing the hammertone is a good idea also, I have done that. If you can lift the lighter one try some swings and cleans with it, you will have to squeeze the whizz out of it to hang on.

I've made good progress by deloading my Blob with a counter-weight. I stuck it in a shallow bucket with a handle. Tie a rope to the bucket handle, loop it through a pulley on a pullup bar and add weight to the loose end of the rope. Now you can make you block weight as light as you want. I start with the Blob bucket on a scale so I know what it currently "weighs".

To make my weights heavier I use some small plates and some cord. You can get 1.25# plates and up. It can help you get more of a workout on the narrower block.

Brent

odin is right he is real hot right now on block weights i took my paint off with remover and rubbed sand on it to get it all then chalk it up or spray a light coat very light my fingers just go over the edge too its going to be a hard one to lift but jed would play with the thing http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=13558 the video does not work maybe jed can fix it

It's fixed guys. Thanks for pointing out that it was a damaged link, as I did not realize it.