The Most Satisfying Battle Of My Life!

Nudle1

Hey everybody,

Went to a different hardware store today in town and picked up a nice goody bag of bolts. I got some 1/4x6", 1/4x5.5",1/4x5", 5/16x6" GRADE 5's, and a 1/4x6" GRADE 8....and yes, this time I made sure they were actually grade 5's...hahahaha...Well, I warmed up with the smaller GRADE 5's and GRADE 8 and smoked everything...Just like last weekend, I was feeling confident and ready for a challenge so I wrapped up one of the 5/16x6" GRADE 5's and started the stopwatch...After the first hit I knew I was in for a good one...hahaha....Well it took me just under 20 min, but I finished that sucker and I couldn't be more satisfied....My wrists, hands, and upper body are completely shot, but now i truly know the addiction...Now I know why all you awe inspiring benders out there bust your humps to do what you do....Thanks alot fellas!!! :rock Now i think I'm gonna go do some reverse bends and take a long nap....hahahaha

Joe

Pics?

I know...I need to get a friggin camera....haha...but it's just my word for now, until i get home from my internship or I find someone who will let me borrow their camera ....that's ok if you don't believe me :D

That's one heck of a start. Can I assume you're into physical fitness or something like that?

Great job.

Tim

Yep,

I'm currently an intern strength and conditioning coach at NC State University

I know...I need to get a friggin camera....haha...but it's just my word for now, until i get home from my internship or I find someone who will let me borrow their camera ....that's ok if you don't believe me :D

Yeah sorry :) A 6" 5/16 G5 bend would put you right up ontop of the bending world so criticism of your post is to be expected until pictures surface.

Yeah sorry :) A 6" 5/16 G5 bend would put you right up ontop of the bending world so criticism of your post is to be expected until pictures surface.

Seriously though-Claims of elite feats with out proof are a no go. No one is here to bash on anyone else, but there are some guidelines on how things work with this-No video, witness, photos-nothing? Never happend.

I created an album with the bolt and a ruler scanned...this is the best i can do for now... :D

Edited by Nudle1

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6931

Ok, I'm impressed. Flip the ruler over onto the 1/16" side and set one end of the bolt perpendicular to it to measure the thickness, there will be no doubt then. Sorry for all the skepticism but extraordinary claims take extraordinary proof :)

Ok...I'll do that as well and add it to the album...I think I have this whole posting pictures thing figured out...hahaha :D

All the pics are up in my album...have a look see...still not as goood as a video....i understand....but it's the best i can do right now :D

Out of curiosity, what brand is that bolt? Not to cast doubt on you bending, but I have never seen a G5 with lines all in the center like that, and no brand marking(triangle, JH, etc.) I can't tell from the scan, but it looks almost like there's 2 lines and a triangle? Like was stated before, only a handful of people have ever bent a 6'' G5, (I'm still battling with mine) and to so casually just pick one up and actually bend it on the first shot is going to seem a little far-fetched until there's a video. :D

O I completely understand...but, I don't bend to impress other people, I do it because i think it's really really fun...so other people's doubt doesn't bother me any...even so, I'm working on getting a camera that i can use to record some of these bends...but I'm off in NC and extreamly busy with my internship so the only people I've been asking to borrow one are the other coaches i work with, but it's been slow comming...no one can seem to remember...hahaha...and to answer your question about the brand, I'm not to sure...haha...I'm a total newbie...as was obvious when you had to previously help me with identifying what grade of bolts i was working with...i know in the scan it's had to tell, but it's just three dashes on the head...no letters or triangles. :D

Joe

Thanks man...I appreciate it... :D

How long have you been bending now? What sort of pads did you use for the bend? Do you have any other stuff you can get like steel stock, they usually have some at places like home depot and lowes. Try and bend some other stuff and it will be a much better judge of the whether the g5 is for real.

Did it feel like it may have taken nearly 600 lbs worth of force to bend it? Because that is where that bolt calibrates at. Try a 3/8" grade 2 bolt if you only have access to bolts.

I am not going to cast doubt right away so be all means that is an insane bend man, most people train for years to get to that point.

I don't know about that brand as I've never seen that before. Looks like a G5 at the same time that it doesn't. but I'm sure you bent it. I find it hard to beilive that it is a G2. Considering that you fought with it for 20 minutes and relative to your other bends. You're strong for sure.

I simply don't know. But try to find another brand with the lines closer to the edge of the head. And a video would be nice :D

I've been bending for about a month now...Ever since I got IM's Bag O Nails at the beginning of Jan '08...I was able to get an IM red nail fairly easy, well under a minute within the first two weeks of bending...that was about three bending sessions into it....After that i did two IM blues taped together....I ran completely out of steel from IM so i placed an order for an advanced benders bag from FBBC....but in the mean time i decided to try my luck with some bolts....and that's what led up to today....I bend in IM wraps and some wraps i cut from an extremely thin shop rag...and the big bolt i bent today was extremely tough...I mean, it took me twenty minutes to do the darn thing....haha :D

Yeah that's what i keep hearing...I want to get my bends on video really bad....I'm working hard on trying to get a camera i can use...