$1,200 Bar

GarytheDino

I guess that's nice, but sheesh. How many regular bars can you break?

If you Olympic lift you know how nice it is to have a bar like this. Eleiko bars are great as well. About the same price I think.

I'm very lucky to have a Uddeholm olympic bar (this company were taken over by Eleiko). Doing fast lifts on this is wonderful compared to my other bar.

You pay for what you want.

David

An Eleiko Competition Bar is $899 - Ivankos website doesn't list a price - that bothers me. Is it worth almost half again as much as an Eleiko? And if you buy it off EBay - do you get the warranty?

I just use the cheap bars in the gym...the ones that take on a slight bow after enough heavy squats :D

I just got the Pendlay Crossift bar. It was about $200 and is light years beyond the cheap bar I had been using. The knurling is excellent and the sleeves rotate sooo smoothly. I have to wonder what one is getting when they go beyond his $400 premium bar.

Over time I've spent that much at my local bar, but never on a bar.. WOW... :blush

I have a 440 lb. Eleiko set, with nice bar, though its a bit beat up... Still rotates nicely...

I have an Ivanko OBX 20 bar (with center knurling) which is great:

Ivanko OBX 20

The link at the beginning of the thread shows the best bar of Ivanko if I'm informed correctly. My bar did cost 400 Euros (maybe 350 dollars or so) and is one of my best training tools. Especially for DLs it's very nice. For squatting I use a Buffalo Bar from IM - much more friendly to the neck...

Edited by Burkhard Macht

Well, the price of scrap stainless steel is like $1.50 a lb (vs. .30 cents a lb for regular steel) - if Eleiko made their bars out of stainless they'd be at least $1200.00