Question For Blob Owners

twig

I know it's 1/2 a 100lb dumbell, so logically it's 50lbs, but take away the weight of the handle and we're looking at less than that.

I just thought it would be nice to see what, if any, variation there is in blob weights.

I know it's 1/2 a 100lb dumbell, so logically it's 50lbs, but take away the weight of the handle and we're looking at less than that.

I just thought it would be nice to see what, if any, variation there is in blob weights.

I don't have a blob, but I do have half a 100 lb hex...which mysteriously weighs 51 lbs. Don't ask me.

my york blob weighs 52lb and my blob 50 from gordonv weighs 51lb

I have 4 blobs, from 30 to 37.5, and I think those of you lifting the 50 are just monsters, no matter what it weights on a digital scale.

I have a number of them(Blobs) both more recent Yorks and some of the really older ones. They go from 50 lb. even to the "Original Blob" weighing on a calibrated digital scale 52.50 lb. That extra weight and fat man contour can really be felt as compaired to the ones at "50"lb.. The original is "something" to be tried by those thought to be or considered purists or Blob masters! RS

I'm borrowing Jason's Blob 50 which weighs 50.9 lbs.

I own one of Richard's original blobs (one of 4 that he made) and I can attest to the fact that it weighs 52.5 pounds.

My old-style York is 52.5. I THINK my Blob50 was 51. It was over 50 but I honestly don't remember the exact number.

I have a one from an 85 that weighs 41.9.

This is nutz! Does ANYONE have a half 100 that weighs half a hundred or less?

Well it's not like their Dumbbells were precisely calibrated to way 100 lbs, so it's no surprise to me that these way over 50. but it is a little surprising not a single one was made small and is 47 or something small like that.

Hoffman who started and owned the York Barbell company openly spoke with pride how he gave you your money's worth and the weights always weighed "heavy" Even later they stated in writing on their premium bells a 2% = or - accuracy.RS

All four of my York 50's weight in at exactly 50.0. I'm still on the hunt for a old York 52.5. Wish me luck :rock

All four of my York 50's weight in at exactly 50.0. I'm still on the hunt for a old York 52.5. Wish me luck :rock

I could've sworn I've heard people say they didn't make old yorks in bigger than 100 lb DBs. What's the truth to this? You'd think if they made them bigger some gripster somewhere would have one