An Armwrestling Incident\story From A Week Ago

dimeisgod

hey,

about a week ago we had this lunch with my grandparents and uncle's family, at our house.

after the lunch i brought out the HG gripper set.. my uncle and my grandpa could close the HG200 first try, but what i found amazing was that my grandpa could bring the HG350 parallel with one hand no set!

this was the first time he ever touched a gripper. well the second, he did close the 200 a minute before...

i can close a HG 250 and my 350 is just unmovable.

than i talked a bit with my grandfather about these grippers and the weight lifting and armwrestling training i started a couple months ago. my grandfather then told me that when he was building the "ashdod" (a place in israel) seaport, no man in the entire seaport could beat him in an armwrestling match. by the way there were 3000-4000 workers at the seaport in that time ...

he probably didn't face each and everyone in the port but he worked there about 40 years so it could be possible, you get the point.

after that we arranged a little armwrestling "tournament" it was me against my uncle and the winner would face my grandfather. my uncle is an ex-military guy, about 45-50 years old now. i beat him.

than i faced my grandpa...

we set up at the table and my dad calls to start the match. i pull has hard as i possibly could but it was like trying to move a brick wall...

he just stood there for a second and than easily pinned my to the table...

he smiled gave me a pat on the back and we all had a laugh..

he is 74 by the way, i am 15.

hope you liked the story,

Jonathan

That is a very cool story I compete and train armwrstling myself have for about 3 year's. I want to be your grandpa myself in about 30 year's old and narly. :D

lol there should be a whole grandpa category or something.

btw he has one of the biggest wrists and forearms I've ever seen..

i think the biggest hand and wrist i've ever heard of had to be that of Cleve Dean. A guy told me he sent him a #4 COC and he closed it the first time he picked it up.

I actually heard he couldn't close a #3 first time he tried. I heard he had problems with grippers because his hand is so big....

Chad Woodall from this board has 9" or so hands, and said Cleave's hands must be like 11", the way we measure it in the Gripboard. (first crease in wrist to tip of middle finger).

I actually heard he couldn't close a #3 first time he tried. I heard he had problems with grippers because his hand is so big....

Chad Woodall from this board has 9" or so hands, and said Cleave's hands must be like 11", the way we measure it in the Gripboard. (first crease in wrist to tip of middle finger).

This is what I heard too. But I think Chad let him try a #3 later and he closed it. Honestly, I don't believe that he closed a #4, although he could probably do it with a bit training. For him a #4 is like a #2 for guys like me.

theres an article in MILO where he didnt get the # 3 first time he tried, he got it parallell or something like that, by the way there is a picture and the gripper looks very tiny in his hand

i think the biggest hand and wrist i've ever heard of had to be that of Cleve Dean. A guy told me he sent him a #4 COC and he closed it the first time he picked it up.
A friend of mine who knows him said ha wears a size 22 ring and he was going to ask his hand size so we will see :D

A friend of mine who knows him said ha wears a size 22 ring and he was going to ask his hand size so we will see :D

I bet I know the answer: BIG

• 2 weeks later...