Modified korte 3x3 for super gripper

Guest Jeff Roark

Guest Jeff Roark

Hey guys I haven't been training my grip for awhile and I am now just starting back. I am only doing grippers right now. I did shut the #2 for 11 reps Friday which was a PR! Anyway I am doing the Korte 3x3 method as we speak only doing the 3 powerlifts 3 times per week. It has a dedicated cycle which has a prep phase and a peaking phase. I was thinking about trying to adapt it to the super gripper. Take my max and work with the appropriate percentages. Has anyone ever successfully adapted a cyclic routine as this to grip work? I will probably try it in about 8 weeks from now. Hopefully to pull me closer to my #3. Any ideas are welcome. I think it could work on any plate loaded machine too.

Jeff, I've done a powerlifting type cycle before on the Ivanko Super Gripper with good results.  I believe I increased my max from something like 12 & 4 to 12 & 7 in about ten weeks.  As for it helping with the #3, I tend to agree with what wannagrip said.  The grippers are poster children for the law of specificity.  I think it did give me a good base, but in order for me to progress on my #3 I have to train with the grippers.  Maybe work with the Ivanko for a few months and then go to the grippers or maybe you could alternate gripper workouts with the Ivanko.  Good Luck  :)