Denis Cyplenkov

pawel r

Watching the vid, you can clearly see Johns giving some ground to Denis and "feeling his power", which he often seems to do when he's got a match in the bag.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mithras

• jad

• blueviper42

What happened to Arsen Liliev? I thought he was going to compete a Zloty.

on Arnold Classic competition Kote Razmadze will prepare Cyplenkov wrist

It takes between 2-3 years for tendon and ligament to adapt to AW. Dennis had pulled before then had quited. My guess it takes a shorter time to get back to tendon/ligament strength for Dennis. Unlike muscle which adapt faster, you can not hurry tendon to thicken overnight or week. It takes years. Take running! any one healthy enough to run first time will get sored nect day. Shin muscle is shocked into adaptation. But it will be ok in 2-3 month with proper rest, then you can run much longer distance up to 6 or more miles. BUt most injuries from running from what I 've seen is alway joint and tendon (achille's) parts. They too will adapt if you allow them to do so. But most of us tend to increase distance much too soon. Partly because our muscles already adpated long before the rest of the bodily tendon/joint do. Think about it! AW is the same. Progression should be gradual and slow. But most of us (myself included) just jump in and AW. We all know how it felt the next day. Elbow pain is terrible and intense. Some can tolerate it and will pull once he feels better. But some will run away from it.

There is NO system or program period for AW training protocol. Beginner just jump right in and pull as many matches as he can once he joins a local club. There is NO progressive training. Most of us have inner and outtter elbow pain from pulling. I think if we will approach it systematicly many of us will not have elbow problems. Such as the amount of matches you pull after a long lay off. The intensity level of pulling too. This is worthy to has its own topic.

It takes between 2-3 years for tendon and ligament to adapt to AW. Dennis had pulled before then had quited. My guess it takes a shorter time to get back to tendon/ligament strength for Dennis. Unlike muscle which adapt faster, you can not hurry tendon to thicken overnight or week. It takes years. Take running! any one healthy enough to run first time will get sored nect day. Shin muscle is shocked into adaptation. But it will be ok in 2-3 month with proper rest, then you can run much longer distance up to 6 or more miles. BUt most injuries from running from what I 've seen is alway joint and tendon (achille's) parts. They too will adapt if you allow them to do so. But most of us tend to increase distance much too soon. Partly because our muscles already adpated long before the rest of the bodily tendon/joint do. Think about it! AW is the same. Progression should be gradual and slow. But most of us (myself included) just jump in and AW. We all know how it felt the next day. Elbow pain is terrible and intense. Some can tolerate it and will pull once he feels better. But some will run away from it.

There is NO system or program period for AW training protocol. Beginner just jump right in and pull as many matches as he can once he joins a local club. There is NO progressive training. Most of us have inner and outtter elbow pain from pulling. I think if we will approach it systematicly many of us will not have elbow problems. Such as the amount of matches you pull after a long lay off. The intensity level of pulling too. This is worthy to has its own topic.

Getting off track here but my approach has been to use machines, cables, and bands a lot to adapt the arm and progressively build tendon and ligament strength without injury or over use that comes from going against opponents. It hasn't made me superman on the table but it has kept me injury free and for the most part pain free. People say to not do side pressure on a machine because of the injury potential - I disagree if you are using a machines in a systematic way. If you are going all out and getting out of position then yes machines can injure you or rather you can injure yourself against a machine.

It seems like Dennis's weakness is in his hand. The first match he hits John back very hard and his hand pops open. His match against Bresnan he gives up his wrist then curls it back into a hook once Tim gets off his fingers. Looks like his fingers are weak to me - compared to his lat and bicep strength - especially the ring and pinkie.

It seems like Dennis's weakness is in his hand. The first match he hits John back very hard and his hand pops open. His match against Bresnan he gives up his wrist then curls it back into a hook once Tim gets off his fingers. Looks like his fingers are weak to me - compared to his lat and bicep strength - especially the ring and pinkie.

That's exactly what Klimenko said about him:

"...Weak fingers, but his biceps are amazingly strong..."

Edited by Magnus

I'm looking forward to see Denis pulling again.

on a side note, being able to curl your wrist back once a strong toproller has it.....and is out on your fingers is beyond impressive and damn near super human..............IF that was the case. Denis did not curl his wrist back with wrist strength, he shot it foward and the slack allowed him to curl due to the lack of pressure.

Denis is a force, but I have a feeling that now he has shed his "untouchable" status, you will see alot of pullers approach matches with him a little differently and he will lose more often to a good nuimber of US pullers.

Tendon strength does take a while to build, but I think wrist strength is mostly genetic.

There are many armwrestlers who have been extremely dedicated and trained for years, and they can't seem to stop even much weaker guys from taking their wrist.........no matter how much they train.

Denis' wrist is not weak by any means, but to get to the level where he is the best, the few that can take his wrist are a good margin ahead of him as far as strength goes in defending his wrist vs. the pressure they can apply to take it.

It doesn't look like Denis hit's from the go. Once he learns to do that, he'll really be scary.

on a side note, being able to curl your wrist back once a strong toproller has it.....and is out on your fingers is beyond impressive and damn near super human..............IF that was the case. Denis did not curl his wrist back with wrist strength, he shot it foward and the slack allowed him to curl due to the lack of pressure.

It looked like Tim dumped the top roll pretty quick after Dennis's arm didn't budge despite having his wrist, and tried to move on top - the release of presure on his fingers allowed him to turn it into a hook. That's how it looked to me.

I agree with you Rob on the wrist post. Not only is it genetic - some guys that aren't that strong on wrist weight training movements have incredibly strong wrists on the table.

maybe dont just judge him by his right arm, hes been even more encredible with his left, which he was only going to compete at zloty but then went for both. and he dominated with his left! it maybe that his right hand doesnt get that much better, cause he is a lefty?? is travis as good on his right as he is left, is brzenk as good on his left as he is right. im sure denis has much to improve on his right arm, but lets not say he lsot because he has weak fingers or hand and wrist strength, he didnt win on the right openclass cause the man john brzenk was just so much more stronger in every area, so much more powerful, in which denis didnt have a chance. just cause this guy is as big as the hulk doesnt mean he is going to be invincable on both hands, hes human afterall! Bravo for denis competing on his right even though his original intention was for left only! he did brilliant, he had amazing wins on taras, semeranko, tim bresman, he is clearly in the top 10 right handed pullers in the world, as well as probably being #1 in left hand! and he never took defeat badly on his right vs brzenk, maybe he did better than expected! but...he won on his left hand!

Until he meets me he will keep going through all the pullers like butter! (j/k)

maybe dont just judge him by his right arm, hes been even more encredible with his left, which he was only going to compete at zloty but then went for both. and he dominated with his left! it maybe that his right hand doesnt get that much better, cause he is a lefty?? is travis as good on his right as he is left, is brzenk as good on his left as he is right. im sure denis has much to improve on his right arm, but lets not say he lsot because he has weak fingers or hand and wrist strength, he didnt win on the right openclass cause the man john brzenk was just so much more stronger in every area, so much more powerful, in which denis didnt have a chance. just cause this guy is as big as the hulk doesnt mean he is going to be invincable on both hands, hes human afterall! Bravo for denis competing on his right even though his original intention was for left only! he did brilliant, he had amazing wins on taras, semeranko, tim bresman, he is clearly in the top 10 right handed pullers in the world, as well as probably being #1 in left hand! and he never took defeat badly on his right vs brzenk, maybe he did better than expected! but...he won on his left hand!

I agree. He lost to John B right handed, and he's not even right handed and people want to act like he's all hype :blink ?? My money is still on Travis LH over Denis but the guy is strong.

It looked like Tim dumped the top roll pretty quick after Dennis's arm didn't budge despite having his wrist, and tried to move on top - the release of presure on his fingers allowed him to turn it into a hook. That's how it looked to me.

I agree with you Rob on the wrist post. Not only is it genetic - some guys that aren't that strong on wrist weight training movements have incredibly strong wrists on the table.

Wade, you took the words right out of my mouth about Dennis vs Tim match. It looks like Tim was losing patient once he toprolled Dennis. It seemed he tried to come up for a shoulder press instead of keeping the toproll pressure, the moment he laxed his toproll pressure Dennis just curled his palm in. Transition must be very fast if that what he wanted (big IF) I remember John B. match vs Pushka where he toproll him then finished it with a press...Boom it's done, a very smooth transition. Dennis was able to curl before Tim starts his press. Your post about using machine for progressive tendon train is also right on. Though it is very hard to duplicate AW action with machine. I will start another thread about this soon. The trick I found out was using 2 sources of load independently. One on your wrist and another against your hand. It feel just like you're pulling a human hand. Except it is progressive with pin load machine/band.

I Like your posts fightertrainer ! they are really usefull and intresting !

Thanks Flexor, It's my job (day job) any way. I am an amateur AWer but it is very fanscinating for me to discover how human body adapt to various kinds of training. AW happen to be my passion too. Believe me, even John B. can be trained to become stronger still. I am sure a lot of us already know how. It is called progressive overload principle. Can John B. be trained to the point of overloaded? Sure? anyone can be overloaded by training with a trainer who knows this principle. It is a lot more comlicate with AW movement since it is not a typical gym exercise movement. I think this was how Devon train to get to where he is today. Though he may not be awared of the term. Exceeding your max by 1% will make you stronger slowly. But how do you measure your working load to monitor it to the max safely? like Wade said machine loading will help. whether it's Isometric or dynamic exercises, the principles still the same: PROGRESSIVE OVERLOADING.

Never said he was weak. Here's what I said: "Looks like his fingers are weak to me - compared to his lat and bicep strength - especially the ring and pinkie." He's obviously very strong but has some parts that aren't quite up to par with his total body strength so his weakness was exposed by John. He did great in the tournament and obviously has trained very hard to transition to the table.

Jad, I read alot of posts on "hitting" or "speed".............these are pointless if your arm is not solid enough to go with you.

Denis looked very fast against a few of those guys, but how fast did he look against some of the higher calibre pullers?

speed is overrated, guys look so fast because they are just stronger.

Now I won't say that speed isn't a factor if guys are closely matched, but I doubt that anyone wins on speed alone.

Funny how Denis caught every guy he has pulled......even some european and world champs.......and speed wasn't a factor, yet he hits someone stronger and now it is speed.

FYI.........John is not FAST........he just looks fast because he easily controls everyone and beats them so easy..............but he doesn't take off like a bullet.

Never said he was weak. Here's what I said: "Looks like his fingers are weak to me - compared to his lat and bicep strength - especially the ring and pinkie." He's obviously very strong but has some parts that aren't quite up to par with his total body strength so his weakness was exposed by John. He did great in the tournament and obviously has trained very hard to transition to the table.

you are so strong how strong is your the weakest element

Edited by pawel r

That's exactly what Klimenko said about him:

"...Weak fingers, but his biceps are amazingly strong..."

That's right, but it's funny, because there was discussion on the NE board about that and people were saying a good toproll would beat Denis, and Artem said he tried toprolling, and that Denis had weak fingers before but they had already gotten much stronger.

So Denis is competing at the Arnold Pull, eh? That should be good! We will see how much better he gets in such a short amount of time. Does anybody know who will be there from the U.S., will John Brzenk, Travis Bagent, Tim Bresnan, or Michael Todd be there?

btw I also got money on Travis over Denis (with both hands) for the time being.

Sorry. Dennis is great; John got lucky; I am weak; you are strong. Everyone happy now? I'll get out of the discussion.

Sorry. Dennis is great; John got lucky; I am weak; you are strong. Everyone happy now? I'll get out of the discussion.

?????????????????????????????????? I'm silly now

Some highlights from the second article:

Denis's coach, Kote Razmadze, had doubts about Denis beating John Brzenk with the right hand, but was shcocked that John was able to beat Denis in a hook. He was sure that nobody would beat Denis with the left hand.

Denis and Kote usually train together but sometimes Alexey Voevoda trains with them. Alexey can't do anything to Denis's left but he and Denis are close with the right hand.

Denis's fingers are strong, it's his wrists that are weak.

Denis needs 3-4 more months of training before he can beat John Brzenk (meaning at the Arnold Pull he should probably be able to beat Brzenk, according to Kote).

Within the next year Kote hopes for Denis to take down Devon Larratt with the right hand.

Edited by Josh H