Race To Shiny Bastard

CaptainCrush

Ok guys I'm finally all healed up after my recent finger injury. My batch of shiny bastards should be here tomorrow from John.

I've never bent stainless before in my life so this should be interesting.

Who wants in??

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_wigren

• vikingsrule92

• CaptainCrush

• foxyj75

As I've already bent the shiny but still willing to join the race, I'll be going after it using ironmind pads.

I've got a batch of stainless comming in aswell and need to heal up my index fingers at least a week or so. But sure I'm on it!

great! welcome aboard man!

How's the stainless act on the initial kink? Tougher than the regular bastards?

Yes a lot tougher. As a comparison, I've bent a regular bastard in 7-8 seconds using IMP and only gotten to 20 degrees or so on the shiny

I've never bent a shiny but I have hurt a few pieces of 304 stainless and it feels alittle easier than my hard bastards and much harder than my easy bastards. I think the kink is basically the same but the sweep and crush are obviously where the similarity ends.

I don't think I'll win but I'll join the race. If I can build my crushdown in the coming months I think I could get the shiny.

alright great!!! :rock

I was gonna say I'd join the race for shiny in IronMind pads. The kink is what gives me the hardest part with the IM pads but the rest melts like butter.

I guess I'll have to see what I'm in for tomorrow.

how about a race to a 6 inch shiny or something? if some guys have already bent 7 inch? I've never tried stainless though but hopefully ill have some in like 2 weeks

how about a race to a 6 inch shiny or something? if some guys have already bent 7 inch? I've never tried stainless though but hopefully ill have some in like 2 weeks

I'm down for whatever. Big or huge shiny...I just want a contest! :D

I wish I could say I was joining, but I'm not there yet. But buena suerte to all.

I'm in. My shiny bastards will arrive soon. I have some very tough stainless i have been working with this last week. My hand is almost fully healed.

Nothing like good compitition to bring out the best in an athlete.

According to FBBC rules

Form check: I just tried the 20 degree shiny in IMP at the end of my session today. First attempt I got it down to 70 degrees. Second attempt I took it to just past 90. Where it stayed like a rock for the third and fourth attempt.

Pain was not the issue I was just lacking strength to do it. I defenetly think there is a chance that this sucker will go down within 2 months or so (hoping)

I've never bent a shiny but I have hurt a few pieces of 304 stainless and it feels alittle easier than my hard bastards and much harder than my easy bastards. I think the kink is basically the same but the sweep and crush are obviously where the similarity ends.

I don't think I'll win but I'll join the race. If I can build my crushdown in the coming months I think I could get the shiny.

Again Zach, shiny's are 303 (I think?). But either way MUCH tougher than any piece of 304 I've heard of. The real shiny's have a much tougher kink than a bastard, even the hard dark ones.

I'm in guys, but I'm not expecting to win at all.

Just seeing if you guys were awake and actually screening the guys who want to join, lol. No thanks for me...the only thing I'm training is grippers and Tugs. But best of strength guys! If I ever get back into it though the Mag Shiny will fall.

Just seeing if you guys were awake and actually screening the guys who want to join, lol. No thanks for me...the only thing I'm training is grippers and Tugs. But best of strength guys! If I ever get back into it though the Mag Shiny will fall.

Oh we are Ben! :D Thanks, and I hope you do so you could become the second!!!

so is the race to a 6inch or to a 7 inch? I say 6 so that it will be much more difficult and more of a goal to shoot for and accomplish

Edited by TKtheGreek

so is the race to a 6inch or to a 7 inch? I say 6 so that it will be much more difficult and more of a goal to shoot for and accomplish

I say 7, because otherwise it'll take multiple months, and I'm impatient :D Afterwards, we can go after a Big or Huge or whatever

I say 7, because otherwise it'll take multiple months, and I'm impatient :D Afterwards, we can go after a Big or Huge or whatever

yea but for example the "race" to the mag that you all had someone won after like 3 days so there wasnt that much anticipation plus i probably wont get my shipment of shinys for like 15 days haha

Still, the 6" is a HUGE bend and I don't see any of us inbetween novice and elite guys would get that anytime soon. I say 7"

Still, the 6" is a HUGE bend and I don't see any of us inbetween novice and elite guys would get that anytime soon. I say 7"

I agree, and anticipation isn't everything. Don't worry about your shiny's not coming, I only have one, and if I fail on that I have to wait a few weeks too.

I agree, and anticipation isn't everything. Don't worry about your shiny's not coming, I only have one, and if I fail on that I have to wait a few weeks too.

Me too. All I have is prekinked stuff from previous failed attempts. I've got some shinys on the way but I have no idea of when they'll arrive... Also For me the mag race is far from finished. Just because I didn't win, it doesn't mean I'm gonna stop

I'm in! I'll have to order some shinys from John first. Never tried a shiny before either. About the only stainless I have bent were some 5/16 x 6 stainless bolts, which are obviously weaker than an actual shiny. Sweet! I can't wait to get em'!! :D