Jim's domination of the blob!

David Horne

Jim Wylie's on his way home from training now, well pleased one hopes of todays training. I know he wouldn't have mentioned his lifts today, as he wants to get photos of them, maybe next weekend and post them up. Anyway, I WILL tell you what he did. He has now totally dominated this 50lb blob given to me by Brian Carlton. As most of you know he had cleaned it with one hand. But today he went beyond this. I had told him of Wade Gillingham being able to lift the blob, while it is on its side, so he wanted to have a go. He then amazed me by deadlifting it in this fashion. I mean this is wide, check bseedots blob measurements on this site! But then, he went and cleaned it in this fashion, pressed it, and brought it to the ground still in his hand. Wow! He also finished off the workout by mearly deadlifting the blob with just 3 fingers and his thumb. Photos hopefully next week if Jim can get a digital camera.

All for now, David

That's great work, Jim, and quite impressive!  And here I was thinking that it was decent of me to clean my 35 lber. yesterday!  And I didn't even do that with the blob on its side!  Can't wait for the pics- it'll be good inspiration for my blob work.

The most difficult part of that feat, for me, is getting the blob back to the ground under control.  I couldn't manage it very well yesterday and it slipped out of my hand before I could get it to the ground.

I love the blob work, as it adds some variety to my training and really brings vitality to my workouts now.

BC.

Guest 115-1005574997

Jim

what can i say other than blobtastic! :D

Undisputed champ of the vbar

Unified master of the blob

certified captain of crunch

and not bad at shinning up gritstone either!

well done mate, great achievement and another great feat of strength goes down at the Horne dojo :D