Other Bending Info

David Horne

8. Hand Protection

I think there is no way to vote for a particular width of pad because there is such a width of difference (pardon the pun).

Now as I said at the beginning I personally have no say on the DO/Freestylle lists of the GB, FBBC or IronMind, so it doesn't matter what vote was achieved because they are not my lists, etc.

I will implement the 3 new lists for Freestyle bending shown below

This would be different sections for different widths, etc. Such as;

1. Any pad preference (Eric and FBBC already do this)

Reverse and DU on my site will also stay with any pad preference.

2. One pad, say max size 4" x 12" - with the pads touching at the start (I could do this).

3. IronMind cordora pads only (IM already have their Red list, but I could keep a list for other steel).

4. Only two pieces of 2" x 2" leather pads, as we did for a very short period of time in the past (I could do this).

This idea gives folks a few choices to go for.

7. Batch Testing

Eric and I will be doing some kind of batch testing in the future. The way I'm looking at mine is to have all the bars cut from one length, which I will oversee at the factory. One will be calibrated. One bar will be sent out at a time to who wants to tackle it in a sealed envelope, and need to open and bend it on video, much like the MM gripper certs.

5. Speed Bending

Kept the same.

6. Inclusion In Grip Contests

Up to the promotors.

Thanks for all your votes.

David :rock

Rules for David Horne's different Freestyle bends.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/FREESTYLEbending.html

Rules for Freestyle Bending (using max size 4" x 12" wrap on each end of the bar)

Same rules as unbraced bending rules apply except the bend has to be performed with only one wrap on each side of the bar measuring no more than 4" x 12".

The wrap if leather should be under 2mm in thickness and not be rigid.

The wraps must be touching in the middle of the bar at the start of the bend.

The bend must be completed within 5 mins.

Rules for Freestyle Bending (using IronMind cordora wraps on each end of the bar)

Same rules as unbraced bending rules apply except the bend has to be performed with only one IronMind wrap on each side of the bar.

The bend must be completed within 1 min.

Rules for Freestyle Bending (using max size 2" x 2" x 1/4" leather pad on each end of the bar)

Same rules as unbraced bending rules apply except the bend has to be performed with only one 2" x 2" x 1/4" leather pad on each side of the bar.

The bend must be completed within 5 mins.

Have fun!

David

• Like 1