Attention grip newbies!

Sybersnott

The plate loaded grip machine offered by New York Barbells has been reduced to 50 bucks, and you can only use Olympic plates on it.  Anyone interested in getting one should jump on this now:

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/co-9165.html

I own one, it was the first grip machine I ever bought.  Mine holds standard plates, and the machine will hold 150 pounds max.  I think it's a great grip machine for a beginner.  :)

Snott,

I have never used a grip machine before, is 150lbs a pretty hefty weight to be lifting in a grip machine? Are you able to lift the 150? Thanks for the tip, looks like a good deal on it.

Corbon you cannot use standard weights on this machine as it does not have a removeable sleeve. Now if it had a standard loading bar you could buy a sleeve and make it useable with oly plates! Hope this helps!  ;)

JJ

Dyoder,I believe they sell both models 1" and oly, Snott's is oly. I also have the standard model, ordered so that I would be able to use both plate sizes in it! Mine is an older model not as nice as the one in the picture!

JJ

Yes, OldGuy is right.

When I bought my machine a few years ago, it was for standard plates... BUT what they have on "closeout" is the Oly plate version.  Hey, for 50 bucks....

And yes, I can do the 150 pounds on the machine for reps.

400-500 lbs. of what?  ???  weight plates?  Read the ad again, it only holds 150 pounds max of plates.  Besides.... how would you get 400-500 pounds of plates on it?  You can't.

Looks like someone from NYBB gave me the wrong info in my email. Maybe they did not know what I was asking or I confused them.

I called them and was told it holds 150lbs. The load pin is only 8 inches.

My Bad

I looked at weightlifters warehouse and the plate gripper they have has a 14 inch spindle. That should hold

about 250+ lbs. of weight. Would it not?

And it sells for $59.95 for the standard model. I think I will get the one from weightlifters warehouse

zcor,

What's the direct link on that?  For another 10 bucks, that might be a better deal than the one at NYB.  I'll see if I can find it, and link it here.

Really, the purpose of this is to give some of the new guys a chance at buying a grip machine at a good price!  :)

rockblaster,

Wow!   :0   That's a great price for that machine!  How come your selling it... if I may ask?  I love mine; it's helped me so much and I wouldn't part with it.  :)

Guest rockblaster

Sybersnott,

I have had better results with other things such as the Big Squeeze, and the thick bar lifts. These exercises are more functional and seem to work the hand in unison.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeff,

Whadda mean, ya won't be able to use it until after Xmas?!?   ???

Why can't you use it now??  Glad you got one, however.