Jason horne's training

Bill Piche

David,

What type of training did Jason do such that he went from 24 seconds with an inverted #1 to certifying the 3 in less than a month's time?

Even though a 1 maybe harder inverted (I don't do them so I would not know), and there were other events in the contest, that's still super progress in a short time!

Do you still do the block closes?

He's been training for the No 3 for ages. The 24 seconds inverted CoC 1 was for the grip comp.

I figured that Steve. :)  But, that's some major progress in less than a month.

It must be that teen raging hormone thing as OldGuy alluded to if it's not something due to training.

Bill,

Actually Jason didn't really enjoy the inverted gripper training as it hurt his hands. I would say his progress with the grippers came on with the rest of his training and a teenage growth spurt. His pinch has also moved up considerably.

David

Pretty soon he'll be doing two 45's!  Isn't he pretty tall and if so does he have the  hand size to match?

Bill,

Yes he will. He passes from hand to hand the 2 x wide 15k discs so it's only a matter of time. He is tall, 6' 6" and his hands are larger than mine. My middle son Oliver has even longer hands, he can get his thumb over his fingers by about 1/2" on the Rolling Thunder handle.

David

Guest 115-1005574997

Dave

Hows 15 year old Ollie's training coming along?

seeing how he did so well coming second in the Novice section in the grip competition (beating many adults with years of training under their belts and it was his first ever comp).

I know hes mashed the #2, hows his other training going?

Guest Mikael Siversson

Scott,

By giving extra points for young age, one eliminates to some extent the advantage of "years of training" by older individuals. Oliver got 15 per cent more points than the older guys due to the formula in place. A bit unfair to the other guys to suggest that they could not beat Oliver when in fact several did only to be beaten by formula points. This is not meant as critisism of the formula system but critisism of your remarks, Scott.

Guest 115-1005574997

I see what your saying Mickael but for a 15 year old who only weighs 65k, has been training for only a few years and is pulling a great if not greater % per b/w as some men IS what i am saying.

Look at the poundages.  A 60k 2HPG is excellent, his 118k vbar was better than 2 people in the open class. Also his inverted gripper and thick handled deadlift was as good as men 10 years older and 20k heavier.

No matter what your views on the points system, thats EXTREAMLY credible!!!

Novice

A       B     C       D     E     F    

Andrew Christie 72.5k     128k 150k   56   55k 53k

Oliver Horne     60k   118k   100k 61  40k 43k

Waseem Chauhan 75k 135.5k 137.5k 80   50k 48k

Faheem Chauhan 80k 135.5k 150k 53   60k 65.5k

Scott Essery     65k   118k   135k   75   45k 48k

Louis Wilson     70k        113k 140k   60   55k 48k

Paul Patterson 65k   103k   100k   84   50k 43k

Ian Marsland     60k   138k   125k 49   50k x    

Matt Makousky   75k 108k   120k   51   40k x