2. Double Underhand

David Horne

I agree Ben. It all looks good to me as well.

I think the DU rules look great. Still like the 40 degrees and up rule too.
I agree Ben. It all looks good to me as well.

Same here. The rules are fine as is :) 40 in 30 is a great rule!!!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

I must admit that I never understood the 40 degree rule. First DU bender I saw was Steve M. and he has very big hands and he gets it to well past 100 degrees so I know it's not hand size. I also, know that anybody who gets it to 40 degrees has probably done the hardest part and I immagine any of the DU benders who get a bend to 40 degrees could probably get it past 40 degrees with ease except maybe the stainless? I'm not in any way saying that I disagree with it, I just never understood where that came from and why it was instituted. I can understand it in reverse because your hands are hitting each other around that mark but with DU that's not anywhere near the case. Maybe as I hopefully get better at it I'll become more knowledgeable.

I'm nowhere near good enough or knowlegable enough on this to say anything other than whatever you guys say is fine with me. DU kills my wrists so I'm miles behind you guys. I whince, bending medium tough 60ds.

Thanks again David,

Tim

Looks good as is.

I have bent some nails and bolts to under 2" du but the thing is after the kink it is really just an upside down DO sweep and crush, so maybe only the first 40 degrees is truely all wrist DU and so this is how it is judged?

I don't understand why a 40 degree rule is needed for DU either

I think this is for the reasons Tim stated above. DU skill is really only tested up to about 40 degrees. After that, like Tim said, it's just an upside down DO crush.