Atomic athletic write-up

Sybersnott

It's seems that our own "terminator", Pat Povilaitis got a write up at the Atomic Athletic website regarding his amazing stonelifting feats.  The article also talks about the 2002 AOBS dinner and mentions that members of the GripBoard had their own table at the event!  Alright!!  :)  :D

http://www.atomicathletic.com/articles/detail.asp?ArtID=33

How in the heck do you afford the stones!!!!!

Rick Walker   :hehe

1.  The gripper fairy gives me a dollar everytime I close a #3...(I wish that were really true)

2.  I act as Wannagrip's paid personal bodyguard

3.  I market and sell the Sybersnott "Get Buff" line of nutrition products.

Seriously, I'm fortunate and blessed to have a good job, which I hope continues in this crazy economy.  Something that seems to work for me, I throw all my change into a container.  It is remarkable how quickly it adds up.  Then it's like free money.  The stones do seem expensive, but there is a ton of labor that goes into them.  They are certainly durable, and I consider them a lifetime investment.   :D

Mastif Equipment (Neese's company) also sells them.  I am not sure of the quality but I do know a set of 5 wil only run you $1000-excluding the 400+lb ball.  His stones are used in a lot of local strongman events and appear to hold up great!

Rick Walker :hehe

Rick,

There's a guy on diesel power forum, Lance Peterson I think, who rents molds for the balls.  You can rent 5 molds plus a concrete vibrator and grinder for five days for like $365.  You can make as many balls as you want.  Find some people and split the cost.  

Dyoder16

The only bad part about making a molded concrete ball is they arent as long lasting.  If there are dropped they can crumble and I have heard they arent as resistant to weather either.  I need a ball that will take what ever I hand out and one that can stand the cold, rain, and snow-I may be moving to Minnesota soon so weather is important.

I think Atomics balls and Mastiffs balls are solid, hand carved stones.  Much better then concrete-

Rick Walker :hehe

Pat,

Have you considered selling some of your older stones, or are you going to hold on to them?  ???

Also, I'm sending you a case of "Sybersnott's Super Ripped Juice"... this is the new product line just released from Sybersnott Industries, and it's for grip trainers and guys who just wanna get really BIG!  Try it, and tell me what you think!!   :p  ;)  :p

Guest Jeff Roark

I know this is the grip board and this is a bit off topic but I think that Lance Peterson guy came out with a shot loaded stone also...if I remember right it weighed like 150lbs empty, it looked to have a real slick surface which would make it hard to GRIP!