Stl Area?

jamesburk3

James,

I'm from Florissant, MO. Going to be moving soon, but still in Florissant. There are a few other good grip-maniacs in the STL area, Josh Dale (Wentzville) and Dan Sweeney amongst them. Josh has hit some pretty big steel bends, but seems to be concentrating on heavy grippers and pinch work as of late. Dan's very good at card tearing and he's the one who taught me how to bend my first horseshoe. I'm okay at most things, but I do much better at the destructive feats --- tearing phonebooks and decks of cards; bending spikes, nails, and horseshoes --- more than grippers and pinch stuff. It's rather infrequent, but every now and then, we try to schedule a training day. While the GripBoard itself is an awesome reseource, thanks to all the helpful advice and videos, there's nothing like training in person with fellow "non-civilians" in the grip world. You will definitely get some PR's.

Best of luck to you,

Brad

I'm in Wentzville, MO. We get together and do Grip-togethers here and in KC. I'll shoot you a pm next time we all get together.

Let me know when you have a weekend GTG. I can make a 5 hour drive, to St L, but KC is way too far.

.. neilkaz ..

That would be awesome. My father owns a gym in freebrg il. Which is where I train. Ive been trying to get some people to grip train with me ,but they look at me like Im crazy. Just because its not what all the rest of the yuppies that come in there are doing. To hell with them gerbils. IF any of you guys want to come down to my gym and do some grip work just let me know. :rock

That would be awesome. My father owns a gym in freebrg il. Which is where I train. Ive been trying to get some people to grip train with me ,but they look at me like Im crazy. Just because its not what all the rest of the yuppies that come in there are doing. To hell with them gerbils. IF any of you guys want to come down to my gym and do some grip work just let me know. :rock

[/quote

I don't know where Frebrg IL is but I'm usually in Belleville on Friday afternoons for work. Maybe we could hit a training session some Friday after 4:30 or so.

Josh

[

Freeburg is just 5 mins south of belleville. and I work every friday at the gym from 4 to 7. So any time u would want to would be great.

Wanna shoot for the Feb 8th tentatively? I'm not sure yet that I'll be over there but I'll let you know as it gets closer

Josh

Wanna shoot for the Feb 8th tentatively? I'm not sure yet that I'll be over there but I'll let you know as it gets closer

Josh

Thats cool, I run the gym on monday, wensday, fri, and sunday for a couple of hours. Its my second job , which is nice when your getting paid to lift. :cool