Another Psychotically Expensive Piece Of Grip Equipment!

vikingsrule92

Hey guys, here goes another one. These rare grip strength pieces on Ebay are getting ridiculous. I don't know what Deep Dish Yorks usually go for, but I'm guessing it's not $256 for a pair?!?!! Check it out, and correct me if I'm wrong ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-York-Barbell-45lb...1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey what the heck,you can buy it now for a mere $800,hey its only money right?they are rare and pretty cool to own,but the price is gonna go way high probally.these are the types of things I hope to find at some yard sale somewhere for like 5 bucks a piece.But for now my money tree has no leaves.

Better take advantage of the "Buy It Now" price cause they will probably be over that in a few days!!! :dry

Dang Charles, you beat me to it! :laugh

Edited by GetAGrip87

Ah - the free market at work!

Ah - the free market at work!

Supply and demand!

I might trade a Blob for a pair of those old York deep-dish 45s-but not if I had only one Blob. The Blob is the centerpiece of my training, I can't imagine giving it up-(would have to replace it anyway). I silently thank Richard Sorin for the idea every time I train with it.

Edited by odin

i have both york and hamptons and for you guys that have never seen of used these yorks you can buy hampton 45 plates and they are almost the exact shape and feel of a plate to me but i guess they made a couple different hamptons too unless you have money to burn get the hamptons :D

Rediculous, but you sure as hell cant blame a guy for selling at those prices if a person is willing to pay it.

where Can I get the Hamptons, or any style of deep dish plates?, I wanna get some deep dish 45s to add to my strength training collection but wherever I go cant find them

where Can I get the Hamptons, or any style of deep dish plates?, I wanna get some deep dish 45s to add to my strength training collection but wherever I go cant find them

Alot of the local sports shops carry them sometimes check your stores plus I've seen them in playit agian stores several times.But so you know they're a good starter for doing hubs they are on of the easiest out there first time I tryed them I couldn't believe it felt like they were glued on.

Alot of the local sports shops carry them sometimes check your stores plus I've seen them in playit agian stores several times.But so you know they're a good starter for doing hubs they are on of the easiest out there first time I tryed them I couldn't believe it felt like they were glued on.

stew :blink i dont think any are easy :blush you are being modest you are just good on the hub

Honestly, I'd have probably paid 200 for the pair but 800 is just silly. Is this the same guy that's selling the blobs?

http://www.med1online.com/ps-31031-638-ham...late-gi-45.aspx

Thats where I got mine from,but be prepared wait for them(slow).They are nice and priced right though.

http://www.med1online.com/ps-31031-638-ham...late-gi-45.aspx

Thats where I got mine from,but be prepared wait for them(slow).They are nice and priced right though.

thanks Im gonna try to get a pair

It is possible to find old deep dish 45 lb plates that are identical to York plates. I found a pair recently at Play It Again Sports.

what brand are they oldguy

SportMart on Rt 60 in Vernon Hills had some "off brand" olympic plates that had a very big hub, much like a York or Hampton. Don't remember the name of them and that was late last summer, so not sure if they still have them. I lifted the 25, but couldn't budge the 35. First time I ever tried a hub lift and no chalk. Got a few strange looks from people in the store.

Can't blame the guy for selling I guess. Some people have tons of cash to throw around.

I wish I found a warehouse of those things, would make for a great ebay store!! :cool

Yeah but then you'd flood the market, you wouldn't get $800 a pair ;):D