Mention a grip feat that you doubt

Roark

I am interested in grip feats that have been claimed,

but which you sincerely doubt happened.

You do not have to offer proof (how do you prove something

did not happen? The affirmative has the burden of proof).

This is not an argument- just curious, which feats you truly

have doubts about. Can be older or current claims, but please

mention only those that you honestly consider false.

Before anybody beats me to it, I don't think anybody could have ever been handed a typical/average, not-tampered-with coin & broken it in two just by finger strength alone. (ie no vice-grips or pliers, etc)

Mike Dayton's coin bending. I saw pictures of a quarter(?) he bend with his bare hands. I saw this when I was a kid in his Chi mind control mail order course. Mike

Thomas Inch comes to mind on several occasions.  Is there any feat of his which has been proven NOT to have been faked?  Jowett's anvil clean.  Paul Anderson's backlift.  Not related to grip, but many claims made by Greg Kovacs.  Mark Henry's inverted #3 closures with BOTH hands (shouldn't he be able to close the 4 by now with that kind of size and strength), Goerner's 700#+ one hand DL.  The Mighty Atom biting through chains.  The one hand snatch record done by Cyr.

Chris James' 1000#+ partial DL on a 2in bar, just joking, it's just that it boggles the mind.

Euclid,

Regarding Inch. He was genuinely strong, winning

contests in official situations, with weighed weights

and strict judges.

It was his dumbell disaster that now brings him into

question. But to be fair, there were many lifts of his

that were outstanding, official lifts. Pity that he was

not content with those.

Guest 115-1005574997

I thought Apollons prone pinch, front raise and carry of a 40kg plate sounds a bit too good to be true.

Are you sure he did it Joe?

I thought Apollon was noted for his shoulder strength

All  coin bending and breaking claims, Goerner's 700+ lbs onehanded deadlift, tearing several packs of cards at once. I believe Apollon's grip feats because I want to, but they are probably not true.

Scott,

Apollon's prone pinch carry with extended arm. I

have seen only two references to it, but Desbonnet

witnessed it. Does sound extreme. Very extreme.

There is one photo of Apollon's forearm extensors

(wish I had that photo) that makes the feat believeable,

but at this stage, I don't know. Sometimes I post so that others with differing sources can add to our pool of

knowledge.

Wannagrip,

That's the LAST time I share a personal accomplishment with you. Now I must re-train, do it again on camera, just to prove

I did it.

I may have failed to mention that it was the hollow 75 pound

Inch with which this feat was performed. ???

That I closed the #3 for reps! I wish I could believe it. Being the trusting person that I am I usually take a man at his word and nothing else, but I remain cynical about this one! Imagine training grip till my fingernails fell off, and doing finger rolls from pinkie to thumb while hanging off a 1000 ft bridge in Taos,  NM! I do not know if I believe me, my heart says yes, but my mind says no! I have worn out my first "indestructable" Gripanator LX and must contact Cousin John for a replacement for use in my quest to conquer the double stamped #4! Perhaps someday I will have the proof I need to be a true believer!

JJ  :crazy

I also heard of someone bending a railroad tie.

Heh, of course nobody has bent a railroad tie. Evenif someone had hands big enough to grip one, it would break in two because they make those out of wood, not metal. :p I think everyone knows what you mean though, I forgot about those. Yeah I'm not sure that anybody has bent one before. Maybe way back when the quality of the metal was bad?

Anything done by Eugene Sandow.  'Nuff said.

You guys need to become MUCH better read before you start to criticise the feats of some of who you are talking about. Just because you've read a couple of strength books or listened to half the crap on this board doesn't make you (or me) an expert. Very few have REALLY studied the history of the Iron Game. Those that have like David Webster, Osmo Kiiha, David Gentle, David Horne and Joe Roark know their subject and continue to hone their craft.

I wish some of you guys would get some ******* respect!

Nick

I read your post Nick and couldn't see the answer to the question that was asked.

But as you brought it up and feel so strongly can you expalin why you feel some are being disrespectful.

Nick,

The reason my subheading was 'no proof needed' was that I

was hoping for the 'feel' of those on the board who have not

had time or opportunity to study the matters to the degree

as have some us us. Just wanted what 'seemed' far-fetched,

and while that 'feeling' is certainly not proof -for or against-

that feel is what I was after.

Frankly I agree with almost everything that has been sent it,

and I am wondering what disrespect you notice?

The true disrepect, if indeed some of these claims are false, is

on the part of the strongman who claims otherwise to the

strength community.

As I mentioned, no argument was sought, just opinions,

perceptions. Which feats mentioned do you think should not have been mentioned? Thanks.

Joe, as you know no matter how carefully you word things, and you sure try to do that, you will still get reactions that you tried upfront to avoid.     BTW I do not believe that King Arthur pulled the sword from the stone!