12" Fbbc Spike Brace Bend

David_wigren

Picked up my package from FBBC today and had to give one of theese a go. My first 12" spike vid was crap. Also tried a DC1 horseshoe and took it just past 90 (HARD). Wanted to post that vid to, but the memory card maxed out :angry:

12" FBBC spike

Theese spikes was a bit shinier looking than thoose I got with the advanced bag. Also felt easier

Edited by David_wigren

Picked up my package from FBBC today and had to give one of theese a go. My first 12" spike vid was crap. Also tried a DC1 horseshoe and took it just past 90 (HARD). Wanted to post that vid to, but the memory card maxed out :angry:

12" FBBC spike

Theese spikes was a bit shinier looking than thoose I got with the advanced bag. Also felt easier

Congrats Bro nice job on the spike!! I cant wait to get my FBBC stuff and tear up that DC1 !!! ...

You sure that was under 2 1/2"! ;):laugh:laugh:rock:rock

You crushed the spike to dust :rock

Killed that spike David!!! :rock:mosher:rock:mosher:rock

Just out of curiosity what # was on the leg opposite the DC1's you have?

Thank you

Zach, it says 8. Why? Do theese numbers tell anything about the shoe?

Thank you

Zach, it says 8. Why? Do theese numbers tell anything about the shoe?

Don't really know, they may be batch numbers or factory designations like Tim T suggested or they could mean something else. My guess is people who do know what they mean are few and far between and well away from grip. The ones I've bent say 27, Nick R. has some super tough ones that he can't finish to 180 that say 31. Just an observation that my one day prove either completely useless to shoe benders or useful for incremental progression as the #'s and difficulties roll in.

I checked an old shoe and that one said 27. I would think that the 8 and 27 where pretty much about the same. The 27 might have been a tad harder. But it's hard for me to estimate because I'm not an experienced horseshoe bender. I've got 2 full bends under my belt :cool and 2 DC1 both stuck just past 90

Yes... I know it doesn't look like it on the vid. But I measured it with a caliper and it was about 1/2, meaning 2" under 2 1/2... very hard to tell with the naked eye :D

Yes... I know it doesn't look like it on the vid. But I measured it with a caliper and it was about 1/2, meaning 2" under 2 1/2... very hard to tell with the naked eye :D

I don't know man, I couldn't see that tape measure very well. It was too close to call dude you're going to have to ask Beatty if that qualifies ;):D

Great bend David, you make me look like the weakling that I am ;)

I don't know man, I couldn't see that tape measure very well. It was too close to call dude you're going to have to ask Beatty if that qualifies ;):D

That's the only reson I bend. Heck that's why I started in the first place! Even before I knew you I was out to get you! :tongue

I actually find bending incredibly boring. Hate is what drives me ;)

Edited by David_wigren

That's the only reson I bend. Heck that's why I started in the first place! Even before I knew you I was out to get you! :tongue

So your entire life goal is to pick on a helpless 15 year old? It's ok I'm pretty sure I make you look weaker than you make me, considering we're equally as strong but I'm like 10 years younger ;):D

Wow!! :blink You made that thing look like a coat hanger!!!! Great job David!!! :rock

So your entire life goal is to pick on a helpless 15 year old? It's ok I'm pretty sure I make you look weaker than you make me, considering we're equally as strong but I'm like 10 years younger ;):D

Yeah... Kind of sad. But it keeps me going!

Nice bend David!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Dude,do ya think you could do another one,that one looked like it took a lot out of you :D

Thanks everyone!

Dude,do ya think you could do another one,that one looked like it took a lot out of you :D

Haha, yeah I went to se the doctor today. Turns out I fractured my spine in 5 places, and actually ripped the mendula ablomgata so from now on all my bracing will be over the handle of my new wheelchair. Caved 3 ribs and punctured a lung. Broke several fingers and shifted several bones in my hand. And from the strain I substained severe brain damage :rolleyes

And from the strain I substained severe brain damage :rolleyes

That's a given! :tongue

And from the strain I substained severe brain damage :rolleyes

That's a given! :tongue

Oh I apologies. I meant to say further brain damage as I already had brain damage from the start :D

Nice bend David!!!! Too easy for you :rock Maybe cut one down to 7" and bend it unbraced :rock

Nice bend David!!!! Too easy for you :rock Maybe cut one down to 7" and bend it unbraced :rock

Just for anyone curious, those things are about an Edgin level at 7". Probably less springy, but they cal'd at the same level, 565, so David you're probably capable of it. Go for it!!! :rock

Sounds cool! I will deefenitly try one unbraced at 7". Probably cut away the head aswell just to get a better grip on the bar.

I've got some 10" FBBC spikes. Havn't tried them. They look way brighter than the one I tried last week, but not shiny like this 12"er. I'll go for the 10"er aswell and compare it to a cut down 10" from the shiny 12"er and see how they compare strengthwise

Thanks everyone!