6" Red Bend

vikingsrule92

Hey guys, I never got around to posting the results from yesterday's workout so here it is. The only major PR today was a 6" Red, from the latest batch of 460 at 7". It was outside of GB cert time limit but oh well. I also bent a 4.5" one of Brendan's mutant 60ds which are a little easier than a G8 at 6" and a 4.5" easy 70D, which is about the same strength. these were both insanely off center, about 1/2" so it's a miracle I got them under 2". I also tried the 1/4" x 5" SS Square, this damn near killed me and I still couldn't get it under 2". I got it to f%$^*$ 2 1/16" but it wouldn't move any more!!!!!!! ARGHHHH!!! It was so freaking frustrating, I've never had a bend stop THAT close before!!! Also for all of you that want to hear this I got the Mag Bastard to ~80 degrees, I don't think I'll get it by Wednesday but I'll sure as hell give it my all!!

6" Red:

Great job Derek!! That stainless is a real pain on the crush for sure!! If you tried that Mag after all that, no wonder you got it to 80 degrees, you were probably exhausted!!! I have faith in ya buddy!! I'll bet you'll surprise yourself on wednesday!! :D

Great job Derek!! That stainless is a real pain on the crush for sure!! If you tried that Mag after all that, no wonder you got it to 80 degrees, you were probably exhausted!!! I have faith in ya buddy!! I'll bet you'll surprise yourself on wednesday!! :D

Haha the Mag was actually first, I just put it last in the write-up. Thanks Fox, I hope I surprise myself ;)

Haha the Mag was actually first, I just put it last in the write-up. Thanks Fox, I hope I surprise myself ;)

Well, in that case, you probably just weren't warmed up good yet! ;)

Well done :rock

Nice bend, Derek.

Good video quality. :)

Nice bend, Derek.

Good video quality. :)

Haha thanks Franky, I tried my best to make it good this time, and then I didn't get it inside 2 mins.

Thanks Alawdhi, Scott, and gazza.

Jeremiah, haha maybe, I don't know :D

Nice bending Derek! :rock

Damb good job with that Derek that is a very tough bend with that stock!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Great bend Derek,Looking strong bro. :rock

Nice bend derek. You'll get that mag wednesday. I see that we have the same weakness (or not as super Heman strong area), the crush down. It looked like you where gonna kill it easy. Well you did it easy, but it slowed down on the crush

Nice bend derek. You'll get that mag wednesday. I see that we have the same weakness (or not as super Heman strong area), the crush down. It looked like you where gonna kill it easy. Well you did it easy, but it slowed down on the crush

That would be three of us with the same weakness!! LOL! :blush In any case, congrats again Derek on some great bends!! :rock

Thanks a lot guys!!

David, just to justify it a bit, I did just attempt the nastiest crush I've EVER seen with that 5" SS Square, I was pretty wiped by this time. But yeah my crush is not my strong suit. However I think I could've done this A LOT quicker when fresh and with better crush pads, mine are starting to poke through. OUCH!! Just my excuse though ;)

If you are used to IM pads then it will make no different. I like to use it because i used leather and it helps to crush the stock even more.

If you are used to IM pads then it will make no different. I like to use it because i used leather and it helps to crush the stock even more.

Yeah exactly, it helps me, but doesn't help everyone.

Dang I was hoping you guys would say, You've never used crushdown pads?! I can't even crush a blue without crushdown pads. :D

But I guess I'll have to try them and see. Really looking for ways to help my crush other than just developing strength for it

Dang I was hoping you guys would say, You've never used crushdown pads?! I can't even crush a blue without crushdown pads. :D

But I guess I'll have to try them and see. Really looking for ways to help my crush other than just developing strength for it

They do help a lot getting the steel from 2.5" to 2". I can deifnitely crush bigger than a blue without them hahaha but they do help a lot. Try them out, they're pretty helpful