A question about hand position

Guest mg6680

In researching the archives it appears hand position is pretty important regarding closing the hand grippers.  For me, having the pinky about 1/2 on the gripper seems to give the best leverage.

Recently I shaved the corners of my #3 for some BTR training and noticed when I force the gripper shut now it rotates a bit when its closed (my fingers roll around and cause it to turn a bit).  Do any of you experience this?  It only happens when I train on my new BTR gripper.  It really messes up my concentration.  Is there a technique to prevent this?

Thanks,

Morgan

I too hold the gripper the very same way. As for the twisting I only get that when I have not used them for a while. I am not sure what causes it or why it stops happening.

I've got a ?? about positioning also. When my gripper is set (where I'm strongest), one handle is between the 2nd & 3rd joint on my fingers (make sense?). I always feel stronger when that handle is closer to my palm.

When I use the regular #3 and force it closed for negatives the handle will stop at the second joint.  With the shaved handles it causes my gripper to continue rolling past the second joint.  Its really annoying but the BTR training is very helpfull to me.  It sounds like there really isnt much I can do about it other than using a plate loaded machine.

No, I cant close the 3 (close tho).  Closing (cheat w/opposite hand) the shaved 3 really gets the extra pressure on my hand it needs.  But, because of the rolling of the gripper in the hand I've ruined.  I wrote a letter to Joe Kinney re: his secret weapon and he had one left so I bought it.  This gripper is retired until the SW arrives.