2.5 " husky handle vs inch replica handle

amaury

Just bought a 2.5 " Husky Handle Dumbell two monthes ago and i wonder  how it does compare to an inch replica handle.  

The husky handle is a revolving handle but it is knurled and i don't think that the inch handle is knurled...

Is anyone else working with it ?

I managed yesterday a 52 kgs full deadlift with it, which is not much but my goal is to deadlift body-weight (since i'm not Mark Henry this just amounts to 73 kgs  :p ).

It will be a little different to the Inch handle. Being 1/8'' more in diameter, makes it more than 3/8" greater in circumference. This will make it harder. The knurling will make it easier. There will be revolving to some extent with either bar, unless you find a way of preventing this.

All true. There are some points similar to this in the post 'Question for Old Guy'.

To prevent the plates rotating and cos like the Husky handle my handle has flanges I use normal 5 kilo discs next to the handle. They have a raised section at the centre hole. This 'clasps' or grips, when its all loaded up and the collars are on, the flange. Then the rest of the weight is loaded and I use small 1/2, 1, 1 1/4 or 2 1/2 kilo discs with small raised sections next to the collar. Its a bit of work but you end up with what feels like a solid bell (still not as hard feeling as a solid dumbbell but close). There may be a little movement with the handle but I'll trun it until its wedged tight against the weights and then its lifting time.

Try Old Guys method of hand dead centre in the handle and a straight up lift, with both ends clearing the floor at the same time and then my preferred method of the outside of the palm0. (opposing side to the thumb) against one end of the handle tight up against a plate and lifting one end clear first.