Global Grip Challenge 2008 Date

Jedd Johnson

We are looking at August 30th, 2008 for the GGC this year.

I have calls in to facilities right now, so that stuff is already in motion.

I thought I already put this out there, but I guess not, so I apologize.

We will have a section for those who have qualified in contests, and are entertaining a novice category for those who have never competed before.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Where are you thinking of holding it? I know you said you have calls out to facilities now, I'm not asking for that specific. I mean a state or city if possible. This may be obvious to everyone else but I have no idea where it's been held in the past OR if it's the same location :blush

Is it too early to ask for an events list? I plan to do everything in my power to be there.

Brent

I'll be there, Jedd. Can't wait! :rock

Cool - that's the info I needed!

It will here in Bradford County Pennsylvania.

Events aren't set, but this is what I am thinking-

Grippers, probably all sets allowed. Credit card or TNS will outweight a parallel set. All COC's will be used. They will be calibrated when John Eaton comes down again.

V-bar - I like the 2" FBBC vbar

Horne's Adjustable Pinch

Reverse Bending

Medley - I am thinking like 15 to 20 implements total. You get points for what you load. Time only counts if you load them all. Something like that.

Also would like to hold the Apollon's Axle Deadlift.

Again, not set yet, but this is my wishlist.

It will here in Bradford County Pennsylvania.

Events aren't set, but this is what I am thinking-

Grippers, probably all sets allowed. Credit card or TNS will outweight a parallel set. All COC's will be used. They will be calibrated when John Eaton comes down again.

V-bar - I like the 2" FBBC vbar

Horne's Adjustable Pinch

Reverse Bending

Medley - I am thinking like 15 to 20 implements total. You get points for what you load. Time only counts if you load them all. Something like that.

Also would like to hold the Apollon's Axle Deadlift.

Again, not set yet, but this is my wishlist.

Don't know if your looking for any opinions but I'll throw mine in anyway :D I think Reverse bending is the way to go too, it's the best test of pure wrist strength out of the 3 styles for sure.

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

So this is going to be the Grip Championships?

I like that list of events Jedd, I might be able to make it out to this one, but I'm not sure yet.

Eaton is all practiced up on calibrating grippers - he's the man now :D . Events look fine - well V-bar not so much :blush but I'll be there anyway hehe - maybe I won't bomb it like BBB last time :angry: .

I like that list of events Jedd, I might be able to make it out to this one, but I'm not sure yet.

yes sir.

yes sir.

Ok then if I qualify I'll be there! Is it only the feats Bob listed that qualify you (3 of them obviously)? Or is it also placing top 5 in a qualifier? Just out of curiousity when will you have an idea of entry fee and prizes?

I'll be there if I can get qualified before then. planning to stay injury free this year.

Very thick "rubber suit" - no vehicles of any kind - heck maybe you should just stay in bed until then - :inno

yes sir.

Ok then if I qualify I'll be there! Is it only the feats Bob listed that qualify you (3 of them obviously)? Or is it also placing top 5 in a qualifier? Just out of curiousity when will you have an idea of entry fee and prizes?

Entry fee is generally around $50. Prizes are different all the time, so it is hard to say.

Maybe some of the guys who have won in the past can mention what they have gotten in the prize spots.

yes sir.

Entry fee is generally around $50. Prizes are different all the time, so it is hard to say.

Maybe some of the guys who have won in the past can mention what they have gotten in the prize spots.

Okay thanks Jedd, it's no big deal I was just curious. What about the qualifiers? Sorry for all fo the questions, but I didn't see this clarified anywhere.

Prizes are pretty neat - really cool trophies for one plus other items from all sorts of different sponsors. In the past I have received items from IronMind, Jumpstretch Bands, Dennis Rogers, APT, I can't remember who all, etc and the list goes on and on but trust me - it's always been an excellent package. Then of course there has been performances by The Terminator and the visit by Slim "The Hammerman" which all by themselves make the trip worth while. Trust me - don't miss it!

Prizes are pretty neat - really cool trophies for one plus other items from all sorts of different sponsors. In the past I have received items from IronMind, Jumpstretch Bands, Dennis Rogers, APT, I can't remember who all, etc and the list goes on and on but trust me - it's always been an excellent package. Then of course there has been performances by The Terminator and the visit by Slim "The Hammerman" which all by themselves make the trip worth while. Trust me - don't miss it!

Alright Chris, I'll tell you what, if I qualify AND I can convince my dad to come and pay for his airfare, I'll definitely be there, without a doubt.

Alright Chris, I'll tell you what, if I qualify AND I can convince my dad to come and pay for his airfare, I'll definitely be there, without a doubt.

Well I'll be there come hell or high water so you better be as well!!!

Hahaha we discussed this Zach, it's a little harder for me to enter a comp than you. I need a parent and to fly, unlike you who can just drive, with or without your dad.

As for prizes, one of my favorite is a 4' tall trophy/ art piece from Hammerhead. It gives my gym area some style. Ironmind, FBBC, APT have always been strong supporter. Gift certs, equipment shirts. The prizes are great but the main reason to come are the guys you will meet.

Chris- I have given up all stunts, learned the hard way about gravity and mass vs rapid deceleration, ouch!

back to the topic

The Diesel boy put on one great contest, if you can get there then do it.

Hahaha we discussed this Zach, it's a little harder for me to enter a comp than you. I need a parent and to fly, unlike you who can just drive, with or without your dad.

I noticed this is the gripmas topic. Why do you need your parent to enter a comp?

I noticed this is the gripmas topic. Why do you need your parent to enter a comp?

because I'm not over 18 and there's the issue of responsibility if I get injured or something happens to me and I can't sign for myself. John, for BBB, was willing to have my parents sign for me without them coming via letter, others are not. And Chris please don't take this as an insult or me calling you out in any way or anything negative of that nature, I understand your reasons.

I should be able to make it out! I'm pretty sure my results at Gripmas qualified me, am I right? (380 reverse bending, 156.4 grippers, 170 2HP, 297 axle)I remember a thread from a while back that gave the requirements, but I can't remember where I saw it!

I should be able to make it out! I'm pretty sure my results at Gripmas qualified me, am I right? (380 reverse bending, 156.4 grippers, 170 2HP, 297 axle)I remember a thread from a while back that gave the requirements, but I can't remember where I saw it!

Your qualified noob don't worry :angry:;):D What a cruel twist of fate that was, I pulled 287 on the axle!!! 3 pounds shy!!! At least I'm qualified where grippers are concerned :) All that aside I'm glad to hear you can make it Fox! It'll be great to meet you and all the guys again.