60d Vid

pburke23

Great bend! Looked easy for you!

Only tip I have is when you crush it do it under your chin, not at chest level. Right now this may not be important but when you get to near limit bends you'll need all the power your can get in the crush and at the chest won't cut it.

Only tip I have is when you crush it do it under your chin, not at chest level. Right now this may not be important but when you get to near limit bends you'll need all the power your can get in the crush and at the chest won't cut it.

Awesome, thanks bro....its funny youre the first one to respond, after I posted it on youtube i watched it, and after it played where it shows like 3 or 4 relating to it over the screen was one calledl like "mutant 60D" or something, and i watched it, then realized it was yours, lol!

Awesome, thanks bro....its funny youre the first one to respond, after I posted it on youtube i watched it, and after it played where it shows like 3 or 4 relating to it over the screen was one calledl like "mutant 60D" or something, and i watched it, then realized it was yours, lol!

No problem. Haha that's ironic. So out of curiousity why are you bending DU? Can't get the form down for DO or what?

No problem. Haha that's ironic. So out of curiousity why are you bending DU? Can't get the form down for DO or what?

Maybe, I just feel more powerful out of DU, is it bad or something to bend DU?

No it's not at all, and I suppose it is common to feel more powerful DU at first. I know I did and I know people like Aaron (acorn) did at first. But you should learn the DO form because in the long run you will be more powerful in that position. It'll feel weird at first but if you watch expert bender's videos and practice the form on lighter stock once you get the form down it'll become WAY easier to bend DO than DU and I highly suggest you take the time to learn DO.

No it's not at all, and I suppose it is common to feel more powerful DU at first. I know I did and I know people like Aaron (acorn) did at first. But you should learn the DO form because in the long run you will be more powerful in that position. It'll feel weird at first but if you watch expert bender's videos and practice the form on lighter stock once you get the form down it'll become WAY easier to bend DO than DU and I highly suggest you take the time to learn DO.

I will have to learn DO better then. I didn't know that it was the preffered way to bend. TY.

I will have to learn DO better then. I didn't know that it was the preffered way to bend. TY.

Yeah it is for almost all benders. No problem happy to help

Man, that G5 is shakin' in it's boots right now!!! That 60 looked WAY easy for you!!! Super nice job on that bend.

I too felt DU was more powerful at first, but Derek is right. DO is so much more powerful if you get it down. I also think that on max effort bends, it is better from an injury prevention perspective. I still like DU though, and like the challenge of trying to kink my bends that way! :D Have you tried reverse bending yet? Reverse was my strongest style until recently. Got my first G5 that way! One last thing, what brand are the 60's? Just curious. Wondering if I may have bent them before! Later! :D

Man, that G5 is shakin' in it's boots right now!!! That 60 looked WAY easy for you!!! Super nice job on that bend.

I too felt DU was more powerful at first, but Derek is right. DO is so much more powerful if you get it down. I also think that on max effort bends, it is better from an injury prevention perspective. I still like DU though, and like the challenge of trying to kink my bends that way! :D Have you tried reverse bending yet? Reverse was my strongest style until recently. Got my first G5 that way! One last thing, what brand are the 60's? Just curious. Wondering if I may have bent them before! Later! :D

Hey foxman, yea....I'll have to work on DO, because I'm very weak that way right now...

I have not tried reverse, that's another one I will have to learn!

I'm not sure of the brand on the 60's, I got them from Home Depot, and they've been in a plastic bag with no writing since I got them, so not sure! Sorry.

I would say learn at least DO,DU and Reverse style use them all to hit the wrists and forearms from different angles and push each one as far as you can then when you get an injury which you will[goes with the business] you have other styles that you can keep going whilst the one that injured you or agrivated you can still be worked around so you can continue bending and get stronger but if you use just one style and get injured in that you have to start over.

If you weak in the DO style try and make it as strong as you are at the other styles it will only then make you more a complete bender just look at Mike Hadland[booyah] and you will understand.

I would say learn at least DO,DU and Reverse style use them all to hit the wrists and forearms from different angles and push each one as far as you can then when you get an injury which you will[goes with the business] you have other styles that you can keep going whilst the one that injured you or agrivated you can still be worked around so you can continue bending and get stronger but if you use just one style and get injured in that you have to start over.

If you weak in the DO style try and make it as strong as you are at the other styles it will only then make you more a complete bender just look at Mike Hadland[booyah] and you will understand.

Yea, I just need to bend more in the DO style, need to get much more used to it. Thank you for the advice!

Hey guys, as I said, here is my second attempt at a 60D. Let me know what I need to work on, thanks for the help!

You need to work on heavier steel! ;) Nice work! :rock

nice job you killed it, get pumped and try a red or bastard you might surprise yourself

I wouldn't advise you of going this heavy, but you should take a shot at the G5, I think you can take it :D

nice job you killed it, get pumped and try a red or bastard you might surprise yourself

I wouldn't advise you of going this heavy, but you should take a shot at the G5, I think you can take it :D

I agree with Derek on this one. Trying a red or a bastard now is only going to do one of two things, or both. 1, You're going to hurt yourself(DU is easy to get hurt on if you jump up too fast in bar size. Remember this motion puts great stress on the tendons and ligaments in the wrist, and if you explode into a way too big bar, something's gotta give if you're not strong enough to bend it yet. Ask me how I know!!) 2, You're going to fail when trying to bend the red or bastard, and that's going to cause doubt in your abilities as a bender, which is NOT good for progress in your bending. I say go get some G5's, cheat kink some, try those, if you get em, try a straight one. But most of all, let us see the results!!!! :D Later!

I agree with Derek on this one. Trying a red or a bastard now is only going to do one of two things, or both. 1, You're going to hurt yourself(DU is easy to get hurt on if you jump up too fast in bar size. Remember this motion puts great stress on the tendons and ligaments in the wrist, and if you explode into a way too big bar, something's gotta give if you're not strong enough to bend it yet. Ask me how I know!!) 2, You're going to fail when trying to bend the red or bastard, and that's going to cause doubt in your abilities as a bender, which is NOT good for progress in your bending. I say go get some G5's, cheat kink some, try those, if you get em, try a straight one. But most of all, let us see the results!!!! :D Later!

This is great advise,the 1/4" hex is good at this level as well,I am at the g5 level now and I can tell ya it is a stiff bend,but once you get it its a big time confidence booster.Just don't over do it and get hurt,been there done that,and it sucks.Last but not least have fun with it because thats what is all about. Good luck and I hope to see the vids of your progress. :cool

You killed it nice job looked easy for you G5 is certainly doable!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan