New workout

Guest Harlan Jacobs

Guest Harlan Jacobs

I don't know how many of you are famlliar with Westside Barbell Club. It is one of the primere powerlifting gyms in the US. It is ran by a guy named Loiue Simmons.All there training is done at low reps with percentages of your make with little rest.So I got to thinking ,why not try that on grip trianing ? So here's what I did:

2x5 each hand  #2 ( Warm up )

1 rep right and 1 rep left #3,rest 1 minute and repeat.Do this for a total of 10 times. ( at least thats what I did ) The first time I did it I only got 7 on my left.The next time I got all 10 each hand. I will tell you it don't sound hard,and to be honest while you are doing it,it's not. But the outside of my forearm between your hand and elbow hurt for 2 days. then it was time to go again. I like to experiment with all my training, so this fits right in with some of the weird things I have tried. Give it a try, It's not bad for a change .

Ask anyone who went to the 2002 AOBS dinner.  I musta closed the #3 I don't know how many times (and so did everyone else - Heath suffered the worst).  My hands and forearms ached for two days straight after that.

Ask anyone who went to the 2002 AOBS dinner.  I musta closed the #3 I don't know how many times (and so did everyone else - Heath suffered the worst).  My hands and forearms ached for two days straight after that.

Well, since I happen to have talked to a few people who were THERE...and they saw this post.

Word is you never closed ANY 3 while you were there Snott.

What dream where you having last night!? BWAH!

:hehe