Any Pullers Or Clubs Near Gloucester?

dunkster

Hi, I'm wanting to start arm wrestling as well as my grip and other training and need someone to pull with that can teach me the ropes and help me get to where I need to be. I've adapted my weights and grip stuff to help me towards this and have got my table set up with a pulley and band system to get me started but need the experience and advice only someone who knows their onions can provide me. I would like to enter some comps this year, and get my ass handed to me, but want to feel as though I know enough to give it my best. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dunk

good luck to you and dont be afraid to get beat because thats how you get better. I remember the first event i pulled in because i got beat by a guy who only is 180 pounds left handed and that same guy now i can beat easy every match

Nearest clubs are I suppose Milton Keynes and Slough.

Cheers David. I looked at these two online the other day but when they train during the week i would never get there in time after I've finished work. I thought there might have been a little club or training group a bit nearer.

What is Gloucester near?

And forgive my ignorance. What Country?

Hi Bob, Gloucester is in England and is near Bristol, Bath, Swindon and nearish to Birmingham. It's southwest of England really.

Come to my grip comp onthe 26th, and I'll rassle ya! You'll win,but I'll give 100%

Hi, Twig. If it's 26th January I'm on call so wouldn't be able to get up there as it's a bit far to rush back for an emergency :D

Thanks for the offer mate..

good luck to you and dont be afraid to get beat because thats how you get better. I remember the first event i pulled in because i got beat by a guy who only is 180 pounds left handed and that same guy now i can beat easy every match

Cheers Robert, from what I've read losing seems to be the norm for quite a while after starting which I'm happy with I just didn't want my first time going against someone experienced to be at a comp. We've got some great strongmen in Gloucester but just scarce on the pulling side.

You can always come up here for a session every so often.

David

That would be brilliant David, thanks a lot. I get my new call out rota this week so once I know what weekends I'm free I'll pm you and see when you can fit me in. It'd be great to learn from someone that can demolish consecutive top strongmen :rock

Thanks again for the offer. I look forward to meeting up.

Dunk

Cheers Bob and Mac I managed to speak to Julien yesterday, i got in contact through Terry Ackers and he's invited me to come over on friday and join them for some training. Can't wait! :yikes Gonna get my ass kicked by guys 50kg lighter than me but I think that'll inspire me by seeing just how good and strong I'll be able to come with the right tuition and training. All the guys I've spoke to over the weekend have been so friendly and helpful, I've yet to find a strength sport where everyone isn't willing to help and encourage each other. It's great. I think a lot of the more commercial and popular sports could learn a lot from the minority.

Cheers Bob and Mac I managed to speak to Julien yesterday, i got in contact through Terry Ackers and he's invited me to come over on friday and join them for some training. Can't wait! :yikes Gonna get my ass kicked by guys 50kg lighter than me but I think that'll inspire me by seeing just how good and strong I'll be able to come with the right tuition and training. All the guys I've spoke to over the weekend have been so friendly and helpful, I've yet to find a strength sport where everyone isn't willing to help and encourage each other. It's great. I think a lot of the more commercial and popular sports could learn a lot from the minority.

Agreed.