Imtug For 2 Weeks

lloyd80s

I've only had my IMTUG #5 two weeks, in the time I've had it I've only really been hitting my ring and pinkie fingers. It's the first time I've trained the ring and pinkie alone as I felt they were a weak point. I have a #3 goal gripper that I've been trying to close for about 3 months, it's a harder #3 than others I've been about 17mm from closing it for a long time.

I picked up the #3 last night and managed to get it down to about 5mm!!!! I thought it was a one off so I let my hand rest for 10 minutes again and tried it again in front of my wife, this time I was even nearer, about 3mm off closing :D . I really couldn't belive it as this is definitly harder than my last two #3 grippers that I used to have. I know it's still 3mm from being closed but seeing such a huge jump has made me wonder how it happend?

I've only really been using the TUG for 2 weeks and resting quite a bit so I wondering if it's the TUG training that's shown such great results or the rest period? It's the first proper rest my hands have ever had since I started grip training.

What do you guys think?

Whatever's helped me I now feel I have a great chance to cert on a #3 this year :rock . I'm going to continue to train on the harder #3 that I have and also order some other #3s to see how I fair on Harder/eaiser ones. Does anybody think that it's possible to go from only just closing a a gripper with a deep set to CCSing the same gripper in 1 year?

Cheers

Oh, before I get to excited....It's not possible for my #3 spring to have gotten much easier from doing BFNs on it is it? I know HG season really fast but COC's don't.....do they???

I think you are an inside sales person for Ironmind :D Just kidding, I think they are quite beneficial. On New Years Eve I managed to close my 2.5 to within 3 mm and I attribute it, in part anyway, to my rp training with my #4 and #5 tug. I would guess that your rest had a lot to do with it also. I do think it is possible to go from a close with a mm set to a credit card set in one year. And I really doubt if your spring has gotten weaker, I think you have become stronger. :rock

What do you guys think?

I think this is entirely possible! I have been using my IMTUGs 5 and 6 for ring/pinky work for about 4-5 weeks and I have been setting some good PRs. In fact, I believe they will make the difference for me to be ready for the MM1.

Great job! Are you using reps or timed holds with IMTug for P&R?

Reps and hold- I'm finding my R & P are feeling much stronger after only a couple of weeks with the TUG. I'm going to order a TUG#6 and #7 now as I'm repping the #5 too easily now.

One interesting thing I've found is that when I train with grippers it's my hand and wrist that aches the next day, though after using the TUG I feel aches in my fingers. It feels good though, how your chest will feel the day after doing heavy bench press.

If anyone is reading this and you've not worked just the ring and pinky together, you really will be happy with the results when you do. If you don't have or want a TUG then invert an easy gripper and do holds and reps with the ring and pinky.

I'm sure that targeting this area and working hard will get most people up to the "next" gripper. I know it'll get me grinding the #3 handles this year and I'll be happy with that :D

I can do CoC #2 around 10 times-right hand, left like 3-, what Imutug do you suggest I get? How many reps were you doing on the #5? I want to do one that I can do negatives on possibly so I'm thinking #6 or 7.

I can do CoC #2 around 10 times-right hand, left like 3-, what Imutug do you suggest I get? How many reps were you doing on the #5? I want to do one that I can do negatives on possibly so I'm thinking #6 or 7.

I can do over 40 reps on the TUG #5, if I were you I'd get a #6 ;) The #5 is quite easy I think.

Lloyd etc..I think I need a Tug #5 ? I can close a 2.3 with little set (too clumsy to get a good deep set :blush ) and my PR is a 2.5 rated gripper. I miss the BBSM (2.7) by 3mm usually. I really feel that my weakness is the final several mm and that stems from mediocre pinkies.

Is the Tug #5 what I need and should I file it a bit if it gets easy to make it a bit harder and to go BTR ?

thanx .. neilkaz.. looking forward to closing a BBSM or more (assuming he can perfect MMS) this year

Lloyd etc..I think I need a Tug #5 ? I can close a 2.3 with little set (too clumsy to get a good deep set :blush ) and my PR is a 2.5 rated gripper. I miss the BBSM (2.7) by 3mm usually. I really feel that my weakness is the final several mm and that stems from mediocre pinkies.

Is the Tug #5 what I need and should I file it a bit if it gets easy to make it a bit harder and to go BTR ?

thanx .. neilkaz.. looking forward to closing a BBSM or more (assuming he can perfect MMS) this year

After finding the Tug #5 too easy I wish I'd gone for the #6. The tug #5 will give you a good workout on your ring and pinky but the other two fingers will rep it with ease. I've not tried a #6 or #7 but I'm going to get a #7 mext time as I feel even the #6 will be a bit too easy.

i started to using imthug only few weeks ago

i tried to put a coin betwen the handles (like the coin challenge) and holding it..

i believe if u can hold a small coin for at least 30 sgs using these 2 fingers u will close #3!

want to give it a try?:-)

i started to using imthug only few weeks ago

i tried to put a coin betwen the handles (like the coin challenge) and holding it..

i believe if u can hold a small coin for at least 30 sgs using these 2 fingers u will close #3!

want to give it a try?:-)

Hi Hugo,

What TUG do you want us to try this with? Also what fingers, ring and pinky or middle and index?

hi lloyd:

i only have imthug4 ,i can only do it with this gripper.

, but if u want , fell free to start a "challenge" with your inthug5 ... i am talking about ring and pinky at the same time.

using this we will probably watch more guys closing big gripers. maybe i am wrong ...

After finding the Tug #5 too easy I wish I'd gone for the #6. The tug #5 will give you a good workout on your ring and pinky but the other two fingers will rep it with ease. I've not tried a #6 or #7 but I'm going to get a #7 mext time as I feel even the #6 will be a bit too easy.

Wait a minute... Is the 5 too easy for the ring+pinky, or is it just right?

Eeerm.. This might depend that who is the squeezer..

Are most of you guys only training the R&P with the Tugs, or are you including some work for the I&M and M&R? I'm doing a rounded routine of R&P first then later in the day hitting the I&M pretty hard. Only had the #5 and #6 since a little before X-mas but they're great so far. Got the #7 today and smashed it I&M TNS both hands, so I'm thinking there are a lot of guys on this board who will do the same soon as they buy one and mess with it a good bit. It's got to help the close since it's doing its fair share of work too, not just the R&P.

What's up Ben! :tongue

I do sets with I&M, then M&R, then R&P. I do both holds and reps, and negatives for that matter because I can't close my IMTUG6 with the R&P. I usually put it at the end of the workout because it really finishes me for anything else. I also only have the 5 and 6.

What's up Ben! :tongue

I do sets with I&M, then M&R, then R&P. I do both holds and reps, and negatives for that matter because I can't close my IMTUG6 with the R&P. I usually put it at the end of the workout because it really finishes me for anything else. I also only have the 5 and 6.

Hey Matt, good to hear from you man! I have to say I didn't think the Tugs would be #1) helpful or #2) really fun to use. They're both! My R&P are still weak but I've trained up to a consistent #6 close on the left. The right is lagging even though it's my strong gripper hand. Curious if you guys who've been training with the Tugs for a lot longer than I have are using a slight set or mostly no set...I have to use a slight set on the R&P singles with the #6 but can TNS the #5 R&P with some effort. Also I've been switching up inverted and normal closes quite a bit because it hits the fingers a little differently each way.

Here's a TNS #7 Tug close I got on video today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazDo67fflU Those closing it with R&P, even if it is with a spring hold, are super strong and have a bit of my respect for that at least.

congrats Ben!

i think if u increse the power in your ring and pinky , u will crush mm3 easely :-)

congrats Ben!

i think if u increse the power in your ring and pinky , u will crush mm3 easely :-)

Thanks man...I think I'm already there or very close right now.

No kidding. I wanted to know what lloyd thinks since I'm around the same level as him and was thinking about getting a TUG for r&p.

No kidding. I wanted to know what lloyd thinks since I'm around the same level as him and was thinking about getting a TUG for r&p.

If your at the same level as me then I'd say you should get a TUG #6 or #7. I could close the #5 with R&P as soon as I opened it. It's ok but I now wish I'd got a #6 or #7 as I'd rather have a gripper I can work on closing and get stronger doing so.

My advice on the TUGs would be to try and find someone that's got some and try before you buy.